Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Split: A Deeper Divide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else see this documentary? It is older, but is a non-partisan look at election cycles and how we are divided on a cultural basis as a nation. It also touches upon how the political process has gone from compromise to paralysis. This guy travels from coast to coast interviewing people (some political figures, but mostly average Americans) who represent both major parties and tries to pinpoint how we are different and more importantly how we are the same. Some very interesting viewing which is very appropriate when comparing the reactions this cycle to those not so long ago.
Channel?
Quote:Channel?

For you and JW...

Available for rent on Amazon, $1.99.
I recorded it off the Documentary channel a while back.
Cool I'll check it out but im a little skeptical when the trailer asks if we're still capable of governing ourselves. If the premise is democracies always fail then I agree which is why i support and advocate a minimal representative government. But some build the case because democracies always fail the only option is a tyranny.
I grew up believing "liberals" where the enemy as I've growen older and created my own thoughts ive learned liberal is the wrong word for what I see as the enemy, its authoritarians and they come at me from both the liberal and conservative parties. But yes I have a deep hatered for authoritarians and actively work to obstruct them in any way I can.
Quote:I grew up believing "liberals" where the enemy as I've growen older and created my own thoughts ive learned liberal is the wrong word for what I see as the enemy, its authoritarians and they come at me from both the liberal and conservative parties. But yes I have a deep hatered for authoritarians and actively work to obstruct them in any way I can.
Like times 1000!!!