Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Let's Revisit the Final 2 Games - Jags vs Saints / Jags vs Texans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Jags vs Saints

* Down 38-19 with 1:19 seconds left in the game, the Jags score a garbage TD and convert the 2 point conversion.

Jags vs Texans

* Jags lose 30-6

Excluding the garbage TD referenced above, we were pretty much outscored 68 - 25 in the final 2 games of the season (when the other team was making an effort to compete).

Am I missing something?  I agree progress was made with the offense but to me, it appears the team pretty much quit on Gus Bradley.

WHERE'S OUR ANALYTICS GUY ??

I can't say I would blame the team for quiting on Gus those last two games. It was like trying to bail water on the titanic.

Let's never speak of them again instead.
Lets  move on

"We're on to 2016".

I don't think the defense even touched Brees during that [BLEEP] show. The defense was embarrassing without Telvin.
They're saying it's going to be easier to attract FA's with a coach who is safe rather than a coach that is not safe.

We believe in victory.
Well, if you weren't smart enough to be able to use both quantitative and qualitative analysis to come up with the precise answer of if and when the team quit on your own...

Doesn't matter. He's back, and extended. Those who expect a miraculous 4+ game win jump and playoffs are going by blind baseless hope. They say it's personnel, not coaching. I say hand pick the best personnel possible, if you can't cook em, it's perhaps a 7-9 'improvement'. We truly are one of the worst...
It's built.
Nothing to play for. Not that this is an excuse at all since they are pros, but it does get discouraging when you have nothing beyond the season to play for. We also played a hall of fame quarterback and a tough Dline Texans. We were discouraged and outmatched.
Quote:Nothing to play for. Not that this is an excuse at all since they are pros, but it does get discouraging when you have nothing beyond the season to play for. We also played a hall of fame quarterback and a tough Dline Texans. We were discouraged and outmatched.
nothing to play for... including pride.
Well at least those games cleared up any doubt about how far behind the rest of the league the defense and oline are.  There were still people that believed both weren't that far off...no way you could believe that after those two games.

I would rather not.  Particularly the Texans game as that was embarrassing. 

Quote:Nothing to play for. Not that this is an excuse at all since they are pros, but it does get discouraging when you have nothing beyond the season to play for. We also played a hall of fame quarterback and a tough Dline Texans. We were discouraged and outmatched.

Nice excuses.
Why
Brees picked apart soft zone coverage all day long and had 3+ seconds to do it on most snaps.

Jockel, beadles and the back up RT got abused by Mercilus and Watt.

Those are the big takeaways from those games for me.

both are fix-able

(Though the joeckel part may be a bit of a question mark)