Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Texans traded Brock to the Browns to get rid of his contract and him as their starting QB. As of now they don't have a QB that could start the season and take them to the playoffs. I hope they don't land Tony Romo. I hope Romo signs with Denver. Even if we sign Romo I wouldn't be mad. Texans would lose on Romo and would need a QB. That could lead to them sending many picks for a QB like Garopolo. We can take this division if Texans don't have a QB. What are your thoughts on the Texans QB situation?

One can make the case the Texans didn't have a QB who could take them to the playoffs in the 2016 season.  Yet, despite the QB play and not having JJ Watt from the vast majority of the season, they won the AFC South and won a playoff game.  Regardless who the Texans starting QB in 2017 is,  it's hard to imagine them getting worse QB play than they did in the 2016 season.

Quote:Texans traded Brock to the Browns to get rid of his contract and him as their starting QB. As of now they don't have a QB that could start the season and take them to the playoffs. I hope they don't land Tony Romo. I hope Romo signs with Denver. Even if we sign Romo I wouldn't be mad. Texans would lose on Romo and would need a QB. That could lead to them sending many picks for a QB like Garopolo. We can take this division if Texans don't have a QB. What are your thoughts on the Texans QB situation?
It sucks for them and I hope it continues to suck mightily for them.

I think Romo is a waste for anyone involved at this point.

He hasn't finished a season healthy in forever, and when he was healthy, he wasn't exactly immune from disastrous clutch INTs.

He is in his mid to late 30s.  Short term solution even in a best case scenario.

The Texans would do well to sign Cutler.
They may be a sleeper candidate to fall in love with one of this years in the draft and trade up.

I hope they sign Cutler
Quote:It sucks for them and I hope it continues to suck mightily for them.

I think Romo is a waste for anyone involved at this point.

He hasn't finished a season healthy in forever, and when he was healthy, he wasn't exactly immune from disastrous clutch INTs.

He is in his mid to late 30s.  Short term solution even in a best case scenario.

The Texans would do well to sign Cutler.

Regarding the part in bold, absolutely.  His playing days in the NFL are pretty much over.  He is NOT a starting caliber QB and at best he's a viable backup for some team.
Quote:One can make the case the Texans didn't have a QB who could take them to the playoffs in the 2016 season. Yet, despite the QB play and not having JJ Watt from the vast majority of the season, they won the AFC South and won a playoff game. Regardless who the Texans starting QB in 2017 is, it's hard to imagine them getting worse QB play than they did in the 2016 season.
The Texans had 3 QBs take them to the playoffs. Bottles, Mariota, and Luck.

All joking aside, Rick Smith must have pictures involving the owner and farm animals.
Texans are not signing Cutler.   They will go with Savage, with Weeden as a backup...if necessary.  They will draft a rookie in the 1st round.   Romo is an option when the Cowboys release him (they will not trade for him).  I will take Savage over Bortles any day.  Savage's problem is that he has had the WORST luck when it comes to health.  Savage was going to be #1 in the depth chart, ahead of Brock, anyway.....

They are taking a qb in this draft. Watson possibly or Trubisky.
Quote:Texans traded Brock to the Browns to get rid of his contract and him as their starting QB. As of now they don't have a QB that could start the season and take them to the playoffs. I hope they don't land Tony Romo. I hope Romo signs with Denver. Even if we sign Romo I wouldn't be mad. Texans would lose on Romo and would need a QB. That could lead to them sending many picks for a QB like Garopolo. We can take this division if Texans don't have a QB. What are your thoughts on the Texans QB situation?
You can rest assured that if they take Romo, he'll be on the IR before the season starts.  The tin horns are snake bitten when it comes to QBs, and this would be no different. 
Quote:You can rest assured that if they take Romo, he'll be on the IR before the season starts. The tin horns are snake bitten when it comes to QBs, and this would be no different.

Fine with me!
We should take Trubisky at 4 and sent them a winky kiss emoticon.
Quote:The Texans had 3 QBs take them to the playoffs. Bottles, Mariota, and Luck.

All joking aside, Rick Smith must have pictures involving the owner and farm animals.
I don't get that.

The rest of the team is loaded.  His teams have won the division (admittedly a weak one) and made the playoffs.

Yes QB is important, but I don't think he's done a horrible job.
Quote:We should take Trubisky at 4 and sent them a winky kiss emoticon.
No on two accounts.

1.  I don't want to take any QB at 4.

2.  I don't believe in sending the Texans or any other NFL team winky kiss anything. 

Now Lingerie Football League?  That's another story.
Quote:Texans are not signing Cutler. They will go with Savage, with Weeden as a backup...if necessary. They will draft a rookie in the 1st round. Romo is an option when the Cowboys release him (they will not trade for him). I will take Savage over Bortles any day. Savage's problem is that he has had the WORST luck when it comes to health. Savage was going to be #1 in the depth chart, ahead of Brock, anyway.....

So they were gonna start savage over osweiler after backing up the brink truck to him? Your FO sucks if so.

I think Bortles sucks and I've been adamant in that regard, but it's completely laughable that you'd take an injury prone never-was over a has-been (35tds).

As for your QB situation, I would say enjoy QB purgatory, but then again, you guys have been there for 10 or 15 years now so........
Quote:One can make the case the Texans didn't have a QB who could take them to the playoffs in the 2016 season.  Yet, despite the QB play and not having JJ Watt from the vast majority of the season, they won the AFC South and won a playoff game.  Regardless who the Texans starting QB in 2017 is,  it's hard to imagine them getting worse QB play than they did in the 2016 season.

itll wind up being romo for however long he stays healthy and then right back to square one when he gets hurt. 
I believe they will eventually end up with Romo and they will likely add a QB in the draft, probably somewhere in the middle rounds. 

They will get Romo

They have been talking about Tom Savage since they drafted him like he was the future. He's entering his 4th season and is 26 now, what's the deal with him? He didn't look too bad to me when he started last year and if had started instead of Osweiler in the playoffs, they may have looked half decent against NE. In what we have seen of him, he hasn't turned the ball over and is completing 63% of his throws. The guy is 6'4" 230 with great arm talent. Not that I wish well for the tin horns but his rookie deal is up after this year and they would fools to not find out what they have in him. 

Quote:They have been talking about Tom Savage since they drafted him like he was the future. He's entering his 4th season and is 26 now, what's the deal with him? He didn't look too bad to me when he started last year and if had started instead of Osweiler in the playoffs, they may have looked half decent against NE. In what we have seen of him, he hasn't turned the ball over and is completing 63% of his throws. The guy is 6'4" 230 with great arm talent. Not that I wish well for the tin horns but his rookie deal is up after this year and they would fools to not find out what they have in him. 

I agree.

O'Brien stuck his neck out for Tom and it paid off.

They're going to see what they have here.  So far, he looks to me like he could be their guy.  Time will tell if it's just a flash in the pan, but I believe they're going to stick with him.  The FO made an awful move for Osweiller, so they should defer to coach on this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4