Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Daniel Bullocks joining the staff.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@alexmarvez Eastern Michigan CBs coach and former Husker Daniel Bullocks joining the Jags' staff, a source tells @FootballScoop https://t.co/A5DNhR8iND

Anyone know of him?
He's a bit bullocks, that's all I know.

I never heard of him. What is his job title in Jacksonville?

Quote:I never heard of him. What is his job title in Jacksonville?
Sundae Delivery Coordinator. Second only to the head coach on the org chart.
http://www.emueagles.com/news/2015/1/17/...h=football

According to this article, he worked with cornerbacks, safeties, and also worked with the kick return unit. Perhaps he will replace DeWayne Walker?

Identical twin brother of Daniel Bullocks the safety.
I have to imagine he'll be an assistant secondary coach or something along those lines. He's young, only 32, and is only a cornerbacks coach at a smaller school.

Gus probably hired him as the RBs Coach
Probably assistant DB coach.

Drafted in second round by Lions - injury ended playing career. Coached DBs at Northern Iowa and CBs at Eastern Mich.

[Image: 336c3131424235.564f731190b14.jpg]

Quote:Probably assistant DB coach.

Drafted in second round by Lions - injury ended playing career. Coached DBs at Northern Iowa and CBs at Eastern Mich.

[Image: 336c3131424235.564f731190b14.jpg]

We need D6 to chime in.
Quote:We need D6 to chime in.

I was thinking the same thing.
Well this is just bullocks!!
Quote:We need D6 to chime in.

I'm very glad to see that Daniel Bullocks has an NFL Coaching opportunity with the Jaguars. 

Daniel Bullocks had a promising playing career derailed by a non contact knee injury in a 2007 pre-season game against the Colts  in the RCA Dump.    The previous season as a rookie,  Bullocks displayed the potential to be a long term solution as a versatile Safety.  Bullocks was a physical player but he also had good speed and movement skills.    Bullocks had the type of football character that then HC Rod Marinelli stressed.   In giving it thought now,  it's not surprising that Bullocks went into coach and has worked his way to his current opportunity with the Jaguars.  Hopefully,  he will have a long NFL Coaching career.  
Quote:I'm very glad to see that Daniel Bullocks has an NFL Coaching opportunity with the Jaguars. 

Daniel Bullocks had a promising playing career derailed by a non contact knee injury in a 2007 preseason game against the Colts in the RCA Dump. The previous season as a rookie, Bullocks displayed the potential to be a long term solution as a versatile safety. Bullocks was a physical player but he also had good speed and movement skills.  Bullocks had the type of football character that then HC Rod Marinelli stressed. In giving it thought now, it's not surprising that Bullocks went into coach and has worked his way to his current opportunity with the Jaguars. Hopefully, he will have a long NFL coaching career.  

Sucks for him that he could not play very long in the NFL before getting hurt in a preseason game. Don't you hate that?

Safety is our weakest position now, so hopefully having Daniel Bullocks will help us there.
Quote:Sucks for him that he could not play very long in the NFL before getting hurt in a preseason game. Don't you hate that?

Safety is our weakest position now, so hopefully having Daniel Bullocks will help us there.

Absolutely.   Though most players need pre-season games to help them get ready for the regular season,   it's incredibly disappointing for a player to have his career altered by an injury in a game that doesn't even count in the standings.   Matt Millen deserves most of the criticism that came his way as Lions G.M.   Yet in fairness to Millen,  he didn't get many breaks along the way.  Daniel Bullocks'  injury is a prime example of this.

Because Daniel Bullocks has a versatile DB background,  he should help the Jaguars from a coaching standpoint both at Safety and at CB. 
32? dang suit him up lol

I thought the name sounded familiar. I remember looking at him around draft time. Very young hire, likely as an assistant. Kind of came out of nowhere, as I don't think he had ties to this current group that I can think of.

Quote:I thought the name sounded familiar. I remember looking at him around draft time. Very young hire, likely as an assistant. Kind of came out of nowhere, as I don't think he had ties to this current group that I can think of.

Current group of what? Jaguars coaches?
He coached under a HC whom is 3-21 .125% so he'll fit right in under HC Gus Bradley.

#Jaguars hired former #Lions Safety Daniel Bullocks as assistant defensive back coach.