Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fix Your Defense with Only 5 Simple Steps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay. We got da draft.. We have free agency. Say Janoris wanna come back to Fla. and ball out for us...

...We get a premier pass rusher in FA to go along with Fowler, Miller and Marks. The pass rush increases and House immediately gets better, along with Colvin, Sample and our top draft pick Ramsey. (cause Dave did reference getting your FS, to acquiring your franchise QB- he was just priming us).

We'd have some of the best backups in the league. Maybe Cyp and guys of his like, Gratz, Brown.. Would be better coming in as a spark off da bench like when Serge was in Indy.

But anyways, our defense would be alot better, maybe even fixed, save for the lack of depth in the linebacking corp.

We'd also need to address gettin sum girth on dat line. Well, oline and D-Line, really. Gotta be able to stop the run.

Our draft and free agency WILL fix our defense.

We Trust Gus & Dave Were Da'Savior!

Go Jagz!
I had a beer once.
Quote:...We get a premier pass rusher in FA to go along with Fowler, Miller and Marks. 

...Gotta be able to stop the run.

Indeed we gotta be able to stop the run, and one of our keys to doing that is Odrick whom you left out. Odrick did a fine job containing his edge which is his primary responsibility as well as leading all Jaguars defensive linemen in sacks this past season. The Jaguars can use more pass rush on Odrick's strong side, but the idea is that the OTTO will provide this much, and that's where we need to plug in a key free agent (Von Miller, Bruce Irvin, etc). Meanwhile, the LEO position is really a three deep position where the first two are practically starters. In addition to Fowler lined up wide on the weak side, the team can use a second LEO.

That said, the big question I have is where to put Mario Williams should he come here. Do we make him the starting LEO over Fowler... or do we start him over Odrick as the strongside DE ...or do we make Mario our new OTTO? The guy conceivably can play all these positions ...or is that perhaps the answer? That is, keep moving Mario around.

Hire

A

Great

Defensive

Coordinator

crack is bad for you.. stop it.

Quote:Hire

A

Great

Defensive

Coordinator
This This This.
Quote:I had a beer once.

Only once? What a tragedy!
1) Hire a good DC

2) Sign Oliver Vernon

3) Sign Janoris Jenkins, or Trumaine Johnson, or Morris Claiborne, or Sean Smith, etc.

4) Draft Jalen Ramsey in the 1st

5) Draft Jonathan Bullard in the 2nd (fingers crossed) and a late round LEO project (Alex McCalister?)

LEO - Vernon/Fowler/Davis/McCalister

DT - Marks/Odrik

NT - Miller

LDE - Odrik/Bullard

WLB - Telvin

MLB - Poz

OTTO - Fowler

CB - House

FS - Ramsey

SS - Cyp/Sample

CB - FA

Holster, I like your thoughts.  I do think Bullard will be avaiable at the top of round 2. 

Still not sure about "Cyp/Sample" at SS.

Quote:1) Hire a good DC

2) Sign Oliver Vernon

3) Sign Janoris Jenkins, or Trumaine Johnson, or Morris Claiborne, or Sean Smith, etc.

5) Draft Jonathan Bullard in the 2nd (fingers crossed) and a late round LEO project (Alex McCalister?)

DT - Marks/Odrik

NT - Miller

LDE - Odrik/Bullard

WLB - Telvin

MLB - Poz

OTTO - Fowler

CB - House

FS - Ramsey

SS - Cyp/Sample

CB - FA
OUTSTANDING! This is exactly how I hope things play out for our defense.
Quote:1) Hire a good DC

2) Sign Oliver Vernon

DT - Marks/Odrik

NT - Miller

LDE - Odrik/Bullard

WLB - Telvin

MLB - Poz

OTTO - Fowler

CB - House

FS - Ramsey

SS - Cyp/Sample

CB - FA
Why sign Vernon if you have Fowler coming back? And didnt we just sign a De from Miami last year in Oderick?

Janoris Jenkins really??? He havent done nothing since Florida days and that was lil to none..

Jags need to First hire a proven defensive minded coach.

Secondly cut or dont resign some of the dead weight or bad players that didnt perform well last year.The Evans,Branch,Clemons,Alualu,Gratz..

Thirdly drafting Ramsey would help the secondary immediately

Fourth drafting Jaylon Smith or Reggie Ragland to replace Poz at Mlb his speed has diminish and he is a liability we need a upgrade here

Fifth sign Justin Houston
Quote:Why sign Vernon if you have Fowler coming back? And didnt we just sign a De from Miami last year in Oderick?

Janoris Jenkins really??? He havent done nothing since Florida days and that was lil to none..

Jags need to First hire a proven defensive minded coach.

Secondly cut or dont resign some of the dead weight or bad players that didnt perform well last year.The Evans,Branch,Clemons,Alualu,Gratz..

Fourth drafting Jaylon Smith or Reggie Ragland to replace Poz at Mlb his speed has diminish and he is a liability we need a upgrade here

Fifth sign Justin Houston LOL
Quote:Why sign Vernon if you have Fowler coming back? And didnt we just sign a De from Miami last year?

Jags need to First hire a lroven defensive minded coach.

Secondly cut or dont resign some of the dea weight or bad players that didnt perform well last year.The Evans,Branch,Clemons,Alualu,Gratz..

I don't even no where to begin with this post...

Why sign Vernon? Because he is a young, impressive DE that is most likely going to be hitting the market. Who cares if we have Fowler? Why leave your pass rush up to a rookie coming off an ACL. Not too mention Fowler is versatile enough to play just about any spot in the front 7.

Also what does signing Odrik last year have to do with anything? That's just remedial.

On to Janoris Jenkins. Hasn't done anything since Florida? Uhhhh... BAHAHAHA. He is a Pro Bowl-caliber corner. There's a good chance he won't even hit the market because the Rans desperately want him back.

Last, you want to replace a slow Poz with Reggie Ragland???

Serious question, do you even football?

I lose brain cells when I read your posts. Yikes...
Quote:I don't even no where to begin with this post...

Why sign Vernon? Because he is a young, impressive DE that is most likely going to be hitting the market. Who cares if we have Fowler? Why leave your pass rush up to a rookie coming off an ACL. Not too mention Fowler is versatile enough to play just about any spot in the front 7.

Also what does signing Odrik last year have to do with anything? That's just remedial.

On to Janoris Jenkins. Hasn't done anything since Florida? Uhhhh... BAHAHAHA. He is a Pro Bowl-caliber corner. There's a good chance he won't even hit the market because the Rans desperately want him back.

Last, you want to replace a slow Poz with Reggie Ragland???

Serious question, do you even football?

I lose brain cells when I read your posts. Yikes...

Bol @ Jenkins being a probowl caliber corner.. You should check his stats..

Justin Houston is better then anybody you have named! You should check his stats... But you would know that if you watch football..

Reggie Ragland plays. Mlb in Nick Sabans defense he is projected at a first or second rounder.. I also said Jaylon Smith who is the #1 projected ILB.

We dont have to debate or argue.. Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine.. I just had a question.

And we drafted Fowler in the first to use him not let him sit..
Step 1: Get better players.

Done.

Quote:Only once? What a tragedy!

I had a beer once, a couple times now.
Quote:Bol @ Jenkins being a probowl caliber corner.. You should check his stats..

Justin Houston is better then anybody you have named! You should check his stats... But you would know that if you watch football..

Reggie Ragland plays. Mlb in Nick Sabans defense he is projected at a first or second rounder.. I also said Jaylon Smith who is the #1 projected ILB.

We dont have to debate or argue.. Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine.. I just had a question.

And we drafted Fowler in the first to use him not let him sit..

How do you expect to sign Justin Houston seeing how he is under contract till 2021? Maybe you should do some research yourself.

I know who Ragland is, he is thumper/run stopper like Poz. He isn't the speedy back you seem to think he is.

Janoris Jenkins was an alternate to the Pro Bowl last year...

Fowler wouldn't sit. Start him at OTTO and rotate him with Vernon and every other spot along the front 7. Look how much Branch and Clemons last year. He would get plenty of snaps...

Quote:Indeed we gotta be able to stop the run, and one of our keys to doing that is Odrick whom you left out. Odrick did a fine job containing his edge which is his primary responsibility as well as leading all Jaguars defensive linemen in sacks this past season. The Jaguars can use more pass rush on Odrick's strong side, but the idea is that the OTTO will provide this much, and that's where we need to plug in a key free agent (Von Miller, Bruce Irvin, etc). Meanwhile, the LEO position is really a three deep position where the first two are practically starters. In addition to Fowler lined up wide on the weak side, the team can use a second LEO.

That said, the big question I have is where to put Mario Williams should he come here. Do we make him the starting LEO over Fowler... or do we start him over Odrick as the strongside DE ...or do we make Mario our new OTTO? The guy conceivably can play all these positions ...or is that perhaps the answer? That is, keep moving Mario around.

U are right. Man, how could I leave out Odrick. Especially if we sign his boy Olivier. So with what you've pointed out, Im guessing Olivier would be that Otto, or is more more of the LEO end type? Im not real familiar with him.
Pages: 1 2