Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Students advised to stop chanting 'U-S-A, U-S-A' and 'air ball'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Students advised to stop chanting 'U-S-A, U-S-A' and 'air ball'

The wussification of Wisconsin has begun.

Last month the state’s governing body for high school athletics declared that chanting “U-S-A, U-S-A,” is unsportsmanlike behavior.

The Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association also directed schools to stop fans from booing, or chanting “Air Ball,” “Season’s Over,” “Fundamentals,” “Scoreboard,” and “Over-Rated.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/01/1...-ball.html

...and they made 'participation trophies' mandatory.

If I were the student body (yes, the ENTIRE student body) I would neither chant nor cheer at the next home game. Sit quietly with hands in lap for the whole game. Or, ignore the pinheads in charge and double down. The second option sounds funner-er.
Quote:If I were the student body (yes, the ENTIRE student body) I would neither chant nor cheer at the next home game. Sit quietly with hands in lap for the whole game. Or, ignore the pinheads in charge and double down. The second option sounds funner-er.

Just show up outside but don't buy a ticket. "Hope you didn't have plans for that revenue Mr. Belding."
Are these kids playing on an international high school league or something? If not...exactly how is chanting USA unsportsmanlike?
Quote:Are these kids playing on an international high school league or something? If not...exactly how is chanting USA unsportsmanlike?

It makes the undocumented immigrants feel left out.
Quote:Are these kids playing on an international high school league or something? If not...exactly how is chanting USA unsportsmanlike?

Your blind American imperialistic attitude is so typical.
Quote:Your blind American imperialistic attitude is so typical.

You dog of a pig!
Quote:Your blind American imperialistic attitude is so typical.

I'm English and German and was married to a Spaniard...my people have been bullying everyone for centuries!!
Quote:I'm English and German and was married to a Spaniard...my people have been bullying everyone for centuries!!

Do those people know that they're your people? I'd ask em first..
Quote:It makes the undocumented immigrants feel left out.
In Wisconsin? Not trying to be offensive here, but having spent time up there all over the state as a kid, I can safely say that the only person darker than a Swede there is a snowbird returning from Arizona for the summer lol
Quote:Do those people know that they're your people? I'd ask em first..

They're a bunch of bullies, what do they know??
Quote:In Wisconsin? Not trying to be offensive here, but having spent time up there all over the state as a kid, I can safely say that the only person darker than a Swede there is a snowbird returning from Arizona for the summer lol

100k moved in since 2012 according to a report I read.

Many people in this country hate America and American exceptionalism. We're just the same as everyone else in the world. 
Quote:Many people in this country hate America and American exceptionalism. We're just the same as everyone else in the world.

Maybe...but I know I don't get bent out of shape when another country chants their countries name. But that's just me. Some people just go out of their way looking for things to hate on...
Quote:Many people in this country hate America and American exceptionalism. We're just the same as everyone else in the world.

Except better. Wink