Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who makes the ARob leap in 2016?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, Allen Robinson looked pretty good before he was injured in his first year, but he's taken a massive step forward this season.

So who can make a similar step forward next season? Could be any player, doesn't just have to be rookies.

Yeldon is the obvious one I guess.
Quote:Ok, Allen Robinson looked pretty good before he was injured in his first year, but he's taken a massive step forward this season.

So who can make a similar step forward next season? Could be any player, doesn't just have to be rookies.

I'm going to go with Davon House. A guy who found himself covering the #1 receiver every week for 30 seconds per pass play will benefit greatly from an improved pass rush

Although it seems like we say "improved pass rush" every year and it hasn't happened for one reason or another.
I'm gonna say Lee or Greene. I just have feeling the Allen's and JT are gonna be heavily focused on by defenses and allow one of these guys to have field days.
Im hoping its someone on our Oline like Cann or Parnell.

I'll say Greene. Between 4th receiver duties and punt returns I'll say he puts up 1K+ yards.
Linder hopefully takes that next step to pro bowl calibre guard. Cann and Yeldon hopefully take that next step.
Yeldon, Colvin, Cyprien, Fowler, Julius.

Bortles. 

He may not have the #s he had this season, but I'm hoping his mental game steps up and becomes a more efficient QB

hopefully Sample

is it greedy to want Arob to make another leap

Quote:hopefully Sample
Thats what I hope too. I'm still rooting for Cyp to get better but I just think Sample is the more talented and could be in for a breakout season
Quote:Ok, Allen Robinson looked pretty good before he was injured in his first year, but he's taken a massive step forward this season.

I think Marquise Lee will have a big year in 2016, he was actually creating easy separation throughout the year but Blake missed him on a few throws, the two were never on the same page. I think incorporating Lee into the offense will be a big point of emphasis for Blake & Greg Olson this off-season, Marqise has "Amari Cooper" like talent, and has a chance to be the most well rounded receiver out of this group.
I think it could be Bennett.

His role will most likely be increased and I think he becomes a key player on an improved defense.
I completely forgot about him

Quote:I think it could be Bennett.

His role will most likely be increased and I think he becomes a key player on an improved defense.
I  am hoping for Lee / Yeldon to make that leap.

There are a number of young players that may be poised to make a big step forward. 

One that must do so or lose his job is Cyprien.  I expect we may see Sample get plenty of snaps at SS during the preseason.  I am one that believes better play around him will help him settle and be more decisive, but his roller-coaster of consistency in 2015 was unacceptable. Somethin's gotta give. 

The most likely break-out players in my mind are Lee, Greene, Yeldon, and Sample. 

Hopefully somebody on defense 

On defense, I see major steps forward next year for Telvin Smith and Aaron Colvin.

On offense, it will be Lee.

Yeldon
Nick Marshall.....

Pages: 1 2 3