Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Eric Fisher & Luke Joeckel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw Eric Fisher matching up against JJ Watt. He was physical and thats how we should have played against Texans or any team that would have negated the pass rush.  Joeckel is softy, we need get rid of him after 2016 and sign players like Fisher (Physicality) or Physical LTs (from draft). No need to find atheletic players, I think atheletic players will bring soft nature to the OL.OL need  cut the defensive players, take shot (when defensive player falls, jump on them), be mean and nasty thats when the defensive players will think a moment for pass rush. If you play soft, they will keep coming at you. The Best defense is the offense, Be aggressive and take shots. They should have atleast taken couple shots on JJ Watt or Mercilus. 

Again it is the coaches mentality to be physical, Neither Greg Olson or Gus Bradley takes about playing physical. Gus will always say play fast and never talk about playing physical.  

I give credit to Jack Del Rio, he wants his player to play physical and thats how he took us to playoffs.  Gus would never take this team to playoffs. The team reflects the coach, the coach being good guy (Appreciating other teams after every defeat with no swager or self respect. You need to be humble but at this level you need to have the swager).  The players look at the coach and they will also appreciate the other players. 

I hope they draft Physical players going forward, not players who just simple tackles and makes few good plays. Playing physical will discourage the other team and puts fear. 

Fisher sucks too.

The word physical looks wrong now after reading your post.
fisher has been benched a few times already.

Fisher has been worse than Joeckel.

Good post !
Quote:fisher has been benched a few times already.
He played good tonight! Against the best..
I disagree whoever says fisher is worse than Joeckel. He had bad games and he had some good games, he plays more physical than Joeckel. Both are not playing to their draft status.  Saying Fisher is worse than Joeckel is far from true. Just my opinion. Fisher plays well against good players, Joeckel struggles against good pass rushers.  I would take fisher in a heart beat over Joeckel.  Thats what KC did actually. And Andy Reid is damn good coach (especially on the offensive side). 

Naw they chopped and double teamed the hell out of Watt. They focused on neutralizing him. They talked about this during the game. Fischer has been no better than Luke. They just had a better game plan against him today.
Quote:Naw they chopped and double teamed the hell out of Watt. They focused on neutralizing him. They talked about this during the game. Fischer has been no better than Luke. They just had a better game plan against him today.

The Chiefs had a game plan? They actually studied the opposing team and developed ideas on how to best attack the opponent? Wow!

Maybe the Jags need to investigate this amazing new concept, and consider implementing it sometime.

This is like asking which turd smells the best in the toilet. They both stink
Quote:The Chiefs had a game plan? They actually studied the opposing team and developed ideas on how to best attack the opponent? Wow!

Maybe the Jags need to investigate this amazing new concept, and consider implementing it sometime.
That would certainly be a change in what we have seen for the last 3 years.
Quote:Naw they chopped and double teamed the hell out of Watt. They focused on neutralizing him. They talked about this during the game. Fischer has been no better than Luke. They just had a better game plan against him today.
This 100%, only after Watt was hurt did he no longer get help with him, however I do agree that the coaching game plan and HALF TIME ADJUSTMENTS were far superior to anything we have seen for a long time
Quote:This 100%, only after Watt was hurt did he no longer get help with him, however I do agree that the coaching game plan and HALF TIME ADJUSTMENTS were far superior to anything we have seen for a long time
Oh I agree. We could use game planning like this. I was focusing on the fact that Fisher did nothing better than Joeckle on his own. He was assisted in his assignment on Watt. 
They both aren't good. What a terrible year to be a GM.

They did that when they weren't avoiding him all together, which was another way they planned to try to take him out of the game.

From the responses, it's clear the OP and those backing him didn't watch the game at all.

Quote:Saw Eric Fisher matching up against JJ Watt. He was physical and thats how we should have played against Texans or any team that would have negated the pass rush. Joeckel is softy, we need get rid of him after 2016 and sign players like Fisher (Physicality) or Physical LTs (from draft). No need to find atheletic players, I think atheletic players will bring soft nature to the OL.OL need cut the defensive players, take shot (when defensive player falls, jump on them), be mean and nasty thats when the defensive players will think a moment for pass rush. If you play soft, they will keep coming at you. The Best defense is the offense, Be aggressive and take shots. They should have atleast taken couple shots on JJ Watt or Mercilus.

Again it is the coaches mentality to be physical, Neither Greg Olson or Gus Bradley takes about playing physical. Gus will always say play fast and never talk about playing physical.

I give credit to Jack Del Rio, he wants his player to play physical and thats how he took us to playoffs. Gus would never take this team to playoffs. The team reflects the coach, the coach being good guy (Appreciating other teams after every defeat with no swager or self respect. You need to be humble but at this level you need to have the swager). The players look at the coach and they will also appreciate the other players.

I hope they draft Physical players going forward, not players who just simple tackles and makes few good plays. Playing physical will discourage the other team and puts fear.

Nice guys finish last.
Quote:This is like asking which turd smells the best in the toilet. They both stink
yeah haha It's like comparing this thread to the thread concerning Dante Fowler explosion. They both smell like crap
Lord I hope that you have the Jags a winning team soon for the shear overabundance of whiny [BLEEP] Jaguars fans. Most of these people would seem to fit right into being Colts fans with how much they whine and moan about EVERYTHING. 

This thread needs a soundtrack. You're welcome.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/vWz9VN40nCA[/youtube]
Pages: 1 2