Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Detained for withdrawing $200K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Never heard of this guy, but apparently his music sells.  

http://www.vibe.com/2016/01/rapper-blac-...ithdrawal/

Next time, get a cashiers check

Pathetic this is the nanny state what business is it anyone's if the young man withdraws from his account?

I know theres "IRS flags" on large withdraws and deposits but really where's the justification for this, the "war on drugs". This is the crap that gets me mad. It's his money he should be free to deposit and withdrawal when ever the damn hell he wants!
Just in case you thought this was a free country, it isn't. At any moment the police can arrest you, beat you, and shoot you and face no repercussions.
Quote:Pathetic this is the nanny state what business is it anyone's if the young man withdraws from his account?

I know theres "IRS flags" on large withdraws and deposits but really where's the justification for this, the "war on drugs". This is the crap that gets me mad. It's his money he should be free to deposit and withdrawal when ever the damn hell he wants!

You belong to the government.
You want to talk to me about my money that I just withdrew from my account to do with as I please? Get a warrant. Otherwise, I'll be going on my way, and you're free to create a civil rights suit that will allow me to own your department and fire all of you by illegally detaining me if you so choose.

Too many pansies out there who just ask "how high" when a pig tells them to jump.

That'll teach him to bank at Wells Fargo.. Such a crap bank. No better than Bank of America.
I moved to a new state and left $5k in my bank account at my old home to pay for lawn service, utilities, etc. until my house sold. When I went back to close out my account I wanted to withdraw all $5k in cash. The bank balked, said they would prefer to give me a cashier's check. I said I wanted cash, I was driving across country and wanted cash. The manager kept badgering me to take a check but I told him he could either give me my cash or I would get a police officer to determine if he was breaking the law by withholding my money without legal reason. The manager finally relented, but this went on for an hour!

I'm with Eric, this is my money in your bank. If I want it, produce it without question.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

Quote:That'll teach him to bank at Wells Fargo.. Such a crap bank. No better than Bank of America.
All Hail the mighty USAA

Quote:All Hail the mighty USAA

Edit**

I'll never leave my credit union but heard great things about USAA..
Quote:I moved to a new state and left $5k in my bank account at my old home to pay for lawn service, utilities, etc. until my house sold. When I went back to close out my account I wanted to withdraw all $5k in cash. The bank balked, said they would prefer to give me a cashier's check. I said I wanted cash, I was driving across country and wanted cash. The manager kept badgering me to take a check but I told him he could either give me my cash or I would get a police officer to determine if he was breaking the law by withholding my money without legal reason. The manager finally relented, but this went on for an hour!

I'm with Eric, this is my money in your bank. If I want it, produce it without question.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag
I too had a hard time withdrawing 3,000 from an account they drilled me what's it for why didn't I call ahead they need time to get it I was shocked. Eventually they gave me the cash but I couldn't believe how hard it was to withdraw 3,000 dollars in cash and it wasn't a small bank that was a pnc branch. I closed my account a few months later and joined a credit union best move I've ever made.
I've never had that much money.. I feel inadequate.

Quote:I've never had that much money.. I feel inadequate.

I had just sold my truck and was taking out cash after the cashier check cleared to purchase a different vehicle. $3k isn't a lot of money really but it's the idea that the institution that you allow to hold and invest your cash at next to no interest can question when you withdrawal it and for what purpose.
Quote:I had just sold my truck and was taking out cash after the cashier check cleared to purchase a different vehicle. $3k isn't a lot of money really but it's the idea that the institution that you allow to hold and invest your cash at next to no interest can question when you withdrawal it and for what purpose.

When you work for the UK National Health Service, it's a lot of money! Haha..

On a serious note, I know exactly what you mean.

Surely you should just be able to withdraw your money... you put it there after all.... (I am serious... and don't...).
If I have $200K to withdraw from an ATM, I don't have problems typical of the ordinary American.

Quote:If I have $200K to withdraw from an ATM, I don't have problems typical of the ordinary American.
#JagModProblems
Quote:You want to talk to me about my money that I just withdrew from my account to do with as I please? Get a warrant. Otherwise, I'll be going on my way, and you're free to create a civil rights suit that will allow me to own your department and fire all of you by illegally detaining me if you so choose.

Too many pansies out there who just ask "how high" when a pig tells them to jump.

You would go to jail. Probably for life. You would be branded a terrorist and disappear, the IRS has that power and no one can stop them.
Quote:Edit**

I'll never leave my credit union but heard great things about USAA..

USAA would be a great secondary bank to put some funds into. I love them. And they have great auto insurance.
Quote:USAA would be a great secondary bank to put some funds into. I love them. And they have great auto insurance.

Their auto insurance is a hell of a lot cheaper for the same coverage as other places.
What gets me is, if the police stop you and find cash in your car, they can confiscate it and you can't get it back.  

No criminal charges or anything.   They just take the money, and it's legal.  

http://dailysignal.com/2015/10/16/why-po...your-cash/

"Indeed, it has become such a serious problem that The Heritage Foundation and the American Civil Liberties Union, despite deep differences on many issues, joined forces to call for civil forfeiture reform. Writing last month in The Des Moines Register, ACLU President Susan Herman and John Malcolm, head of Heritage’s Meese Center for Legal and Judicial Studies, said the problem “undermines the integrity of our justice system.”"
Pages: 1 2