Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clowney has a temper tantrum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-upset-clowney-left-stadium-when-declared-inactive'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/report-upset-clowney-left-stadium-when-declared-inactive</a>

Quote:Ed Werder of ESPN reports that Clowney was upset with Texans coach Bill O’Brien for deciding to make him inactive for today’s game. Clowney’s reaction? He left the stadium.

That’s not a great sign for a team that has already gone through one high-profile incident with an immature player not being where he was supposed to be: Ryan Mallett went from starting quarterback to backup quarterback to off the team entirely after failing to show up for a team flight.
Yea, I just saw this. So glad this guy is not on our team. Always in the headlines for things other than getting to the QB.
I'm going to toot my own horn here a little bit, I said it pre-draft, the physical tools were off the charts, but he didn't have the technique and he didn't have the work ethic to learn that technique and now you're seeing what that combination leads to.

I'd consider selling my soul for that physical ability and this guy Is flushing it down the toilet.  

This kid came out of one of the HS's in my recruiting area. Kid is a monster athlete. He's just missing something upstairs
I would still try to bring him intp Jacksonville. The Jaguars need help THAT BAD in the pass rush.

Why did BOB list him inactive?

Foot injury.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/earl...xans-game/

He knew he would probably be inactive well prior to the game.

He left to give tickets to family.

Glad no one jumped to any conclusions.

Quote:Foot injury.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/earl...xans-game/

He knew he would probably be inactive well prior to the game.

He left to give tickets to family.

Glad no one jumped to any conclusions.
Having only three days notice that he wouldn't be playing, it's understandable why he'd have to leave the stadium at the last minute.  It's not like there's any staff member in the Texans organization who could possibly run an errand for a player.  If only there was a Will Call booth where they could have been left.....  

I assume if he had been active, the family members would have left standing outside?  Or were the family members only coming to the game if he wasn't active?

Oh well, it's on the internet so it's gotta be true, right?
Quote:Having only three days notice that he wouldn't be playing, it's understandable why he'd have to leave the stadium at the last minute.  It's not like there's any staff member in the Texans organization who could possibly run an errand for a player.  If only there was a Will Call booth where they could have been left.....  

I assume if he had been active, the family members would have left standing outside?  Or were the family members only coming to the game if he wasn't active?

Sorry you fell for it.
whoops

Imagine the huge disadvantage the team faced without him being there on the sidelines in street clothes for 8 minutes befor the game even started.

Going to hand his family tickets??....come on now, that's an absolutely outlandish story that no one would believe. Cut that bum now.

Quote:Having only three days notice that he wouldn't be playing, it's understandable why he'd have to leave the stadium at the last minute.  It's not like there's any staff member in the Texans organization who could possibly run an errand for a player.  If only there was a Will Call booth where they could have been left.....  

This is a quality post.