Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sports Illustrated Article about Texans preparation for us.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Take look on the website. The article goes through the Texans preparing for the week 17 game and going through our tendencies.

Paraphrasing but the Texans recognised that our blitz % on 3rd and short was 0%.

They also realised that we are almost 100% pressure when we go to dime and an odd number of linemen.

Other tidbits include this which makes a lot of sense.

"The Texans think they’ve found a weakness in the Jaguars’ blitz zone, in which the defenders pass the receivers off instead of matching up"

All of this info led O Brien to remark "They got some real tendencies here huh"

I just found it very interesting as it kinda shows how simple our D was this year and how teams would look at it when gameplanning .
Wouldn't have mattered much if anyone on the field actually cared about winning that day.

Quote:Wouldn't have mattered much if anyone on the field actually cared about winning that day.

Probably would of lost regardless.
Quote:Probably would of lost regardless.
*would have
Quote:*would have

You forgot a full stop.
Quote:Take look on the website. The article goes through the Texans preparing for the week 17 game and going through our tendencies.

Paraphrasing but the Texans recognised that our blitz % on 3rd and short was 0%.

They also realised that we are almost 100% pressure when we go to dime and an odd number of linemen.

"The Texans think they’ve found a weakness in the Jaguars’ blitz zone, in which the defenders pass the receivers off instead of matching up"

I just found it very interesting as it kinda shows how simple our D was this year and how teams would look at it when gameplanning .

Every team has tendencies, the problem is the Jaguars defense doesn't have a lot of good players.
Quote:Every team has tendencies, the problem is the Jaguars defense doesn't have a lot of good players.

Yeah I know just found it interesting looking at it from the opposition's side.
Quote:Take look on the website. The article goes through the Texans preparing for the week 17 game and going through our tendencies.

Like I'm sure the Texans defense, the Broncos defense, and the Seahawks defense all have tendencies. It doesn't matter when you have JJ Watt, Von Miller, Demarcus Ware, Cliff Avril, and Michael Bennett rushing the passer. Especially in 3rd and long situations, David Caldwell needs to find a bunch of guys that can get after opposing QB's.

Quote:Yeah I know just found it interesting looking at it from the opposition's side.

I agree it is interesting, we're all hoping for a day and time where the Jaguars can consistently get off the field on 3rd and 13.
Quote:I agree it is interesting, we're all hoping for a day and time where the Jaguars can consistently get off the field on 3rd and 13.

And stop a Philip Rivers run for a 1st down..
Quote:And stop a Philip Rivers run for a 1st down..

Haha yea that as well, if only Andre Branch maintained his rush contain.
Gus getting punked by BoB, lol. Man, talk about rock bottom.

Coulda ran a cover 50 and still lost. Scheme wouldn't have mattered IMO
Hmmm preparation for the Jaguars...

Defense;

Blitz

Offense;

Show up for the game.
Quote:*would have

We're in Murrca', we do what we want.
Quote:We're in Murrca', we do what we want.
Except OP is in Ireland. 
I get the feeling that our defensive scheme for a while has been a sort of Rocky Balboa mindset. Bend but don't break, let the other team throw themselves out, conservative, nothing flashy, and hope to be able to survive any onslaught of attack. Absorb the attack, and then win with offense.

How's that working for you Babich?

So we found out the hard way that this scheme will not work with this personnel. We do not have the talent that Seattle has. My question is, why they didn't make any great strides in changine the approach or the scheme? Too predictable. Too vanilla. It's like trying to force a square peg in a triangular hole.
this is sad

somebody make sure Gus Bradley is aware of these tendencies.  Apparently they went a full season without realizing it.

They allowed multiple sub .500 teams to score 30+ points...how they didn't see anything is a level beyond stupid.
Quote:this is sad

somebody make sure Gus Bradley is aware of these tendencies.  Apparently they went a full season without realizing it.
Well, he did just fire the D-coordinator, so.....
Pages: 1 2 3