Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Need some beer advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To all our resident beer Connoisseurs.....

Planning a trip to Seattle within the next 6 months so........

If any of you have been in that area or live there........

Are there any Brew Pubs or local beers I should try before I die.....

Just asking....

Thank You........

Never been myself, but I have a friend up there who swears by Pike and Silver City.

I'll be taking copious notes until I leave

Quote:I'll be taking copious notes until I leave
What types of beer are your thing? You shouldn't have too much trouble finding ale/lager types, but is there anything else you go for? I can ask and see what my friends up there recommend.
I'm more of a Lager/Pilsner Person so.....

But willing to try anything once
Elysian is by far my favorite.

Superfuzz is one of my all-time favorite beers. Its a blood orange pale ale- citrusy, a little hoppy. And if you are looking for something on the maltier side, their Men's Room Red Ale is also really good.

Space Dust IPA as well....only one I am really not fond of is their Jasmine IPA- tastes like perfume.

Thanks, bookmarked the site

Also, ride the train down to PDX if you want good beer Smile

I'll be taking the Amtrak from DC to Seattle, I think we stop in Portland so I may have to spend a day there

Quote:Also, ride the train down to PDX if you want good beer Smile
I have heard many good things about the beer scene in Portland.
Try StockBox First Hill on James Street.. Best and coldest MHL and Pabst to ever come out of a cooler.. 

Quote:Try StockBox First Hill on James Street.. Best and coldest MHL and Pabst to ever come out of a cooler.. 

I want something I've never had before but thanks anyway
I like beer with foam.
Quote:I have heard many good things about the beer scene in Portland.

I'm spoiled. I live in the good beer capitol of the world.
My advice?

more

<beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelch>

Drink all of it.

Quote:Drink all of it.

[Image: drinking-meme-015-archer-will-drink-all-the-alcohol.jpg]
I took a Beercation to Seattle in 2015. As mentioned above, Elysian is a must go (go to the original on Capitol Hill). My favorites from the trip: Rueben's Brews (Ballard) - I tried 9 samples of different styles of beer and none disappointed, obvious attention to detail, very good! Fremont Brewing (Fremont), good base beers, but if you go when they have something Barrel-aged, you can't go wrong. I went in late summer and my favorite was the Double IPA - Brother. For something completely different and experimental, Holy Mountain (Interbay) is required. They do Farmhouse / Saison style ales, and some sours as well. Creative brewer and the taplist is constantly changing (I went twice while I was there and it was completely turned over). I went to Epic Ales and enjoyed it, they were about to change location and had just a few on tap. Must do: Chuck's Hop Shop Capitol Hill. A great bottle shop with  approximately 40 rotating taps from the area. Great service and you can sample anything.

Thank Y'all for the advice.......

Now I'm just waiting on a settlement from an accident 2 1/2 years ago

Let me know if you want additional Seattle recommendations, I spent a week there. There are so many other breweries, good food, cocktails, etc. in that city. Sightseeing is nice as well. It is also pretty easy to get around with public transit / walking.