Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump Says Cruz Birthplace is a Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/...ge%2Fstory

This is too funny.   The guy will take a shot at anyone who might be a threat.   Now he says Cruz's Canadian birth and the fact that he had a Canadian passport in the past could be a problem in the general election.   Or something. 

"Trump added: “I’d hate to see something like that get in his way. But a lot of people are talking about it and I know that even some states are looking at it very strongly, the fact that he was born in Canada and he has had a double passport.”"

"In the interview with The Washington Post, Trump said he was providing a candid assessment of his leading opponent rather than initiating a personal attack and reviving the “birther” debate that he once led against President Obama. He repeatedly said he is hearing chatter on the topic among voices on the right. “People are bringing it up,” he said."

Pretty funny the way he brings this up and then says he's not the one bringing it up, unnamed "other people" are.

That's because trumps only real cause seems to be eating Republican nominies from within. I honestly question his motives every new story that comes out.
This is so funny.  

I'm not saying Ted Cruz being a Cuban, or that his real first name is Rafael, is a problem.  I'm just hearing things from other people.  

See how I did that? 

Quote:This is so funny.  

I'm not saying Ted Cruz being a Cuban, or that his real first name is Rafael, is a problem.  I'm just hearing things from other people.  

See how I did that? 

I mean, I understand that The Real Marty is really Marty, but I'd hate for his name to make people think he's the fake Marty. Some folks just can't understand that he's really proving he's Marty because he simply and easily added "real" to his name. Who would lie about something as difficult to do as adding a qualifier to your name, not me, I KNOW how hard that is to do. That's good enough for me, there should be no question that he's really Marty even if other people think that he's not because he says he is.
Another chapter from The Art of the Deal?
Donalds new campaign ad

[Image: ca149ec6cdea65d5525405af0e3228f0.jpg][Image: a-canadian-shut-down-the-us-government.jpg]

[Image: 326gfd.jpg]

Trump must be having the time of his life. He gets to say and do pretty much whatever he wants, and not only do his supporters eat it up, but he pulls supporters off of other candidates.

Donald Trump - the gift that keeps on giving.

Yeh. Its not like hillary clinton has questioned the citizenship of potential opponents in the past...
Rand Paul made the same implication in a tweet. Regardless, it will be an issue the Democrats will bring up if he wins the nomination. Trump said that is why he brings it up so he can clear it, whether that is the true reason or not.

Quote:Yeh. Its not like hillary clinton has questioned the citizenship of potential opponents in the past...

As long as Hillary is the standard upon which you judge Trump, you're golden, eh?

I didnt invent the two party system but that is kind of how it works.
Quote:I didnt invent the two party system but that is kind of how it works.

Yeah, but not everyone falls squarely into one camp or the other, so your stock reply to any criticism of Trump often makes little sense, at least to me.
If he's nominated his opponent will be mrs clinton. Your opponent is your measuring stick. He wouldnt have to be the best candidate possible just better than her.

Also in certain instances like this its the stock response of the left to insinuate that the accusations made are so outside the norm that they disqualify trump as some nut job. I think its interesting that the fact most of it started with their own candidate is quite pertinent.
While I still like Carson, I'm starting to lean toward Cruz as my top candidate.

Youre not alone
Quote:While I still like Carson, I'm starting to lean toward Cruz as my top candidate.
So are all of Carson's top staffers.
Quote:So are all of Carson's top staffers.

Carson's campaign manager claimed the other day that Donald Trump was going to win the nomination.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/06/politics/b...ald-trump/
Quote:If he's nominated his opponent will be mrs clinton. Your opponent is your measuring stick. He wouldnt have to be the best candidate possible just better than her.

Also in certain instances like this its the stock response of the left to insinuate that the accusations made are so outside the norm that they disqualify trump as some nut job. I think its interesting that the fact most of it started with their own candidate is quite pertinent.

I pegged that man for what he is years ago.