Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles has broken thumb on non throwing hand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Poor guy took a beating against Houston but he is one tough you know what. Reminds me a lot of Big Ben.

Doctors bill paid directly by Luke.

I stated in the Dave press conference thread that I was wondering if this injury happened on the first couple of series. He was battered on the first series badly so maybe this was a small cause of his overall play(excluding the crap o line play).
Blake Bortles was battered all day. Nine sacks IIRC. It could have been anytime during the game.

Did anyone see him favoring his left hand?

Will he be able to play next week? :whistling:

Shame we let him get beat up like that, he deserves better. Hopefully it strikes a nerve with Caldwell and leads to improvement.
Quote:Shame we let him get beat up like that, he deserves better. Hopefully it strikes a nerve with Caldwell and leads to improvement.

Dave Caldwell is not the guy coaching our offensive line.

At least it's the non throwing hand so even if there are grip issues in the future it shouldn't hurt him
Quote:At least it's the non throwing hand so even if there are grip issues in the future it shouldn't hurt him

Yeah that's good, but he needs his left hand to take snaps. Fortunately it happened at the end of the season so he did not have to miss any games.
This is consistent with what my eyes saw. I saw lack of grip and touch on his ball after the beginning of the game. Plus the fumble he had where the ball just popped out as if he wasnt holding it. I think he's done enough this season for us to give him a pass on the last game and call it an aberration. 

Quote:This is consistent with what my eyes saw. I saw lack of grip and touch on his ball after the beginning of the game. Plus the fumble he had where the ball just popped out as if he wasnt holding it. I think he's done enough this season for us to give him a pass on the last game and call it an aberration. 

He certainly played better (not great) against Houston the first time.
Thank god that's all that got broken Sunday......He took some hits.  Confusedweat:

Thanks Luke. You keep proving you were worth the 2nd overall pick.
Thanks joke
And this is why I want to make a LT top priority in the draft. Bortles is tough, but even he can't last a season with Joekel's turnstile blocking. A good LT is essentially an insurance policy to protect our most important player. Lose Bortles, and it won't matter how good our pash rush happens to be. The Jags will go nowhere.
Quote:And this is why I want to make a LT top priority in the draft. Bortles is tough, but even he can't last a season with Joekel's turnstile blocking. A good LT is essentially an insurance policy to protect our most important player. Lose Bortles, and it won't matter how good our pash rush happens to be. The Jags will go nowhere.

Do you know any left tackles who are projected a top 5 picks?
Quote:And this is why I want to make a LT top priority in the draft. Bortles is tough, but even he can't last a season with Joekel's turnstile blocking. A good LT is essentially an insurance policy to protect our most important player. Lose Bortles, and it won't matter how good our pash rush happens to be. The Jags will go nowhere.

Per Caldwell, Luke had only allowed 2 sacks prior to the Houston game. They aren't going to get rid of him that soon.
Quote:Do you know any left tackles who are projected a top 5 picks?

The kid from Ole Miss.
Quote:Per Caldwell, Luke had only allowed 2 sacks prior to the Houston game. They aren't going to get rid of him that soon.

You can't erase the three sacks he gave up in Houston. This guy has bee in the league for three years now, and he's played for two seasons. He should be a lot farther ahead in his development.
Quote:The kid from Ole Miss.
Laremy Tunsil
Pages: 1 2