Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roy Miller is borderline elite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He is a monster and it seems like it goes completely unnoticed.
Because he is not borderline elite.
Because stats dont reflect well on space eaters. Hes part of the solution.
Quote:He is a monster and it seems like it goes completely unnoticed.

Completely agree.  He's been really good all year, both against the run and at getting some penetration on passing plays as well.  Too bad we rarely had both him and Marks healthy at the same time.

There's a reason why teams run outside on us instead of inside most of the time.  The interior D-line play has been really good.
he's ok. not wonderful. him and Odrick are supposed to be run stoppers and we got gashed.

Quote:he's ok. not wonderful. him and Odrick are supposed to be run stoppers and we got gashed.

The Jags were usually gashed when teams ran to the perimeter, Roy Miller doesn't play on the peremiter.
Dont let Jags02 see this
Quote:The Jags were usually gashed when teams ran to the perimeter, Roy Miller doesn't play on the peremiter.

BINGO.
Quote:The Jags were usually gashed when teams ran to the perimeter, Roy Miller doesn't play on the peremiter.

I'm curious, when we were gashed up the middle, which did happen - just not often, was Miller in the game.  I'm thinking specifically of the TB game, I think there were a few up the gut that hurt us.
Nobody on the dline are elite.
Negative!
Quote:I'm curious, when we were gashed up the middle, which did happen - just not often, was Miller in the game. I'm thinking specifically of the TB game, I think there were a few up the gut that hurt us.
Not sure. I don't like to think about that game. They ran like 3 screens in a row it seemed like at one point and got like 20+yards each time. Miller is really good though. He almost always generates push along the interior. I honestly sometimes wish he could play guard because he looks like the only lineman on both sides of the ball that actually pushes his man back. Jesus we missed Linder.
Quote:Not sure. I don't like to think about that game. They ran like 3 screens in a row it seemed like at one point and got like 20+yards each time. Miller is really good though. He almost always generates push along the interior. I honestly sometimes wish he could play guard because he looks like the only lineman on both sides of the ball that actually pushes his man back. Jesus we missed Linder.

No arguments from me; I agree.  This thread just got me thinking about how good Miller is, I guess I never thought of the impact he's had.  Our inside run defense was outstanding this year and it was mostly due to him.

I don't know that I'd call him elite, even borderline elite, but he looked great this year. Assuming Marks comes back at 100% (which is a big if), the defensive tackle spots in this D are set.

A DL of Odrick-Miller-Marks-Fowler could be spectacular.

He is elite for what he does.

He is without a doubt one of our best players but typically goes unnoticed.
lol

Quote:I'm curious, when we were gashed up the middle, which did happen - just not often, was Miller in the game.  I'm thinking specifically of the TB game, I think there were a few up the gut that hurt us.

Miller takes on the linemen so the 'backer can get to the back. Without Poz Doug Martin had no one to stop him.
Quote:BINGO.
This precisely why I don't like the DT at DE expirement Gus is doing. They always run away from odricks side it seems. And branch is branch... A light breeze can move him off the ball.
Miller and marks made a nice inside combo and you could feel the effects of not having marks this year on defense.
Pages: 1 2