Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jadeveon Clowney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So Houston fans seem to be upset with this guy with a lot of fans being ready to cut ties with him. I'd like to hear a Texans' fans opinion on him because Google isn't going to tell me the real story.

I said before he was drafted he wouldn't pan out if he went to a 3-4 team and my suspicion seems to be founded, but is it because he's miscast or is it because he's no good?

All I know is Houston's defense tends to play better without him. From what I've seen
I'd gladly take him here.

Tinhorn fans seem to be pretty impatient. They also seem to realize their team is like the ugly dude dating the hot chick and know their short lived success is going to come to an end soon.

@HolsterHusto....nuff said ^^

Quote:I'd gladly take him here.

If he doesn't perform next year I don't see him making the team, so we'll be waiting awhile.

Having said that I believe he has way too much talent to fail. Coming out I thought he was the greatest 4-3 defensive end prospect I've ever seen.
Quote:I'd gladly take him here.

Me too.
hey seems like a lot of fans are ready to cut ties with Bortles too. Fans are emotional and impatient. It's why they don't coach, make the big decisions.

Clowney has played 17 games.  He had 4.5 sacks and is GREAT against the run.  Mack had the same amount of sacks thru the same amount of games.  Clowney is also 2 years younger than Mack.    This was basically his rookie season.   Texans fans are not ready to cut ties with him (they dont matter anyway).  Injuries has been his big thing.  People seem to forget he is 12 months away from Microfracture surgery.  He will get better and stronger.   He sprained his foot against the Titans but should be back for KC.  Mercilus plays better on the side Clowney usually lines up on.  So, the Texans staff has become creative to fit Watt, Mercilus, and Clowney in pass rush situations.  It is one of the reason the Texans' D has been much better the second half of the season.

Clowney has been much better the last few weeks as well.  That passrush is pretty ferocious vs good O lines i'm not surprised it ruined our game yesterday

There is some impatience from Texans fans, but most of that is because he was selected #1 overall.  If you step back and look at this season as his rookie year (due to injury) he really does show a lot of flashes.  He's only put up 4.5 sacks, but even Watt only put up 5.5 in his rookie year.  One more year and I think there will be a lot more data to predict his NFL career.

A fan base being impatient? WHAT?!?! Thank goodness we're not like that here. 

:teehee:

I'm in full agreement with what Mr.Scarface said above. There is a portion of the fan base who feel Clowney wasn't worth the 1.1 pick, but as was already stated, they don't matter. What it boils down to is Clowneys injuries and the fact the Merciless plays better in his absence, but what they forget is how long it took Merciless (former 1st round pick) to finally show some production. This is essentially Clowneys rookie season or sorts, and if he can stay healthy, I can see a large jump in his production next season. I can't really comment on him playing outside of his natural position, but in my opinion he has quickly become the best defender on this team to recognize the screen.

I wouldn't be against trading him for another position of need, but I also am not one of the fans calling him a bust. I think he will be fine, however fall slightly short of all the pre-draft hype.