Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2016 Jaguars schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Of course with the Jags it is never too early to think about next season.  So here is their schedule

Home:
Away:

Of course we won't know until this summer how these teams will look but we know the Jaguars will never have a schedule as easy they did this season.  So for the Jags to actually get to .500 over maybe even 9-7 they will have to improve a lot.  Here is my early take on the schedule.

Denver, Oakland, Green Bay, Minnesota, Houston, KC will all be good.  Indy is an old team that will be bad next year.  I think the Titans will be improved but still not good.  Then you have San Diego, Detroit, and Chicago who are bad.  Buffalo is a hard team to grade because they are one QB from being decent and I doubt Baltimore will as bad as they were this year. 

So my way too early prediction on the Jags 2016: 9-7

Man, it is gonna be a tough season.  Hope Caldwell can get quality additions on defense and the o-line this offseason, and Gus takes off season head coaching classes.  Or 2016 is gonna be a repeat of the previous Caldwell/Gus seasons.

Quote:Of course with the Jags it is never too early to think about next season.  So here is their schedule

Home:
Away:

Of course we won't know until this summer how these teams will look but we know the Jaguars will never have a schedule as easy they did this season.  So for the Jags to actually get to .500 over maybe even 9-7 they will have to improve a lot.  Here is my early take on the schedule.

Denver, Oakland, Green Bay, Minnesota, Houston, KC will all be good.  Indy is an old team that will be bad next year.  I think the Titans will be improved but still not good.  Then you have San Diego, Detroit, and Chicago who are bad.  Buffalo is a hard team to grade because they are one QB from being decent and I doubt Baltimore will as bad as they were this year. 

So my way too early prediction on the Jags 2016: 9-7

Fixed

Also, that schedule has Gus' pink slip written all over it.

As of right now, I see 4-12 on that schedule.

Crap I see six losses just at first glance outside of the division games.
Quote:Fixed

Also, that schedule has Gus' pink slip written all over it.

As of right now, I see 4-12 on that schedule.
Yeah probably should have put the Indy game as a road game or at least neutral site. 
The good thing is that it looks like the toughest opponents to face will all be in Jacksonville:

Denver

Minnesota

Green Bay

Oakland

Baltimore (healthy again,, SSS is returning too)

Kansas City away looks tough.
I have one important thing to say before creating my opinions about the schedule: DO NOT use the city names Oakland and San Diego. We don't know if either city will have a team next season.

Quote:I have one important thing to say before creating my opinions aboubt the schedule: DO NOT use the city names Oakland and San Diego. We don't know if either city will have a team next season.

Good thing you said that, because it is, in fact important. My predictions actually change based on that.
Quote:I have one important thing to say before creating my opinions about the schedule: DO NOT use the city names Oakland and San Diego. We don't know if either city will have a team next season.
That's your prerogative, no problem.

I will continue to call them Oakland and San Diego until they are officially moved/renamed to another city.

As of this moment, they're still officially Oakland and San Diego.
Oh wow i see 4, maybe 5 wins.
Quote:I have one important thing to say before creating my opinions about the schedule: DO NOT use the city names Oakland and San Diego. We don't know if either city will have a team next season.

We will use whichever city name we want.
5-11 again
Barring Gus magically turning into a top 10 coach we ain't going playoffs next year either.
You know the tide will have turned when bad teams see us on the schedule and count it as a loss.

The problem is, fans of Oakland, Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, and Buffalo all look at the schedule and check us off as a win without thinking about it.

Next year is going to be ugly.  I hate to say that already but it is what it is.

I'm not sure we will split with our division...

So how we get to 7 or 8 wins seems really unlikely...
I see 3 wins... unless we get some major defensive upgrades, and a little O-line help, and Bortles continues developing and increases his completion percentage.

Quote:I see 3 wins... unless we get some major defensive upgrades, and a little O-line help, and Bortles continues developing and increases his completion percentage.

Good Lord. Can you imagine the backlash of the fan base if they get 3 wins? Firing Bradley won't be enough at that point. They will need to have Cowher or Gruden lined up to take the reins at that point.
Quote:You know the tide will have turned when bad teams see us on the schedule and count it as a loss.

The problem is, fans of Oakland, Detroit, Baltimore, Chicago, and Buffalo all look at the schedule and check us off as a win without thinking about it.

I've seen an indicator of this already but it wasn't Jaguars specific.   It was the overall AFC South and NFC East projection for 2016,  the two divisions the NFC North plays.   Of course,  what was overlooked is the 3 promising QBs in the AFC South and the likely return to health of Tony Romo.   Not,  to mention so many other x factors with all of the rosters.  
Quote:Good Lord. Can you imagine the backlash of the fan base if they get 3 wins? Firing Bradley won't be enough at that point. They will need to have Cowher or Gruden lined up to take the reins at that point.
I know. It'd get real ugly, right?

Jax is still horrible on the road,, horrible.

Their only road victory in the past TWO seasons was against a severely depleted by injury Ravens team. That was a miracle "gift" victory by Baltimore dropping an incredibly easy game-ending INT, and a personal foul facemask that pushed the ball 15 yards into FG range with no time left.

They have to start playing near a .500 record on the road (4-4) to be actually relevant for playoff contention. If the Jags started winning the majority of their games at home, it still wouldn't be good enough if they can't at least get 3-4 wins on the road.

Their road futility has to change before any chance of contending.

If it doesn't change, they're absolutely looking at another 5 win or less season yet again.
Pages: 1 2