Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars against Fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I could be just a paranoid rabid fan but this season theme really set the players against the fans.  This team better figure out a way to bridge the fan perceptions this off season.  Reading the jaguars.com after game threads the Rah Rah and belief in the plan is really at odds with the reality on the field.

1. “We just need to continue to get better,” Bradley said. “That’s a good team that we faced, a really good defensive team. I think it gives us a measuring stick – where we’re at, where the team that won our division is at and the work that needs to be done. That’s how we’ll approach it.”

2.  “We took the ball to see if that would have any impact,” Bradley said with a laugh.  - Is this reality?

3.  “The scheme is really, really good.” Paul Posluszny isn’t one lobbying for a defensive change. In fact, the defensive captain and starting middle linebacker said he has no doubt the team’s hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense can work – that despite the unit’s struggles toward the end of this season. “The scheme is really, really good,” 

Except for all of the phases of practice, execution and players.  Seriously I guess it is really good at practice.

I just don't understand the team, the players or what is going to happen for us fans.  At least we have potential at some skill positions on offense.

If Poz is serious it could be that he simply is stating the talent is lacking on Defense and not the plays being drawn up.

All the stories this year where the players ragged on the fans some bother me now that we see the conclusion to the season.  For it to fizzle out the way it did.  If the last few games where more competitive or something, well anything.

Quote:3.  “The scheme is really, really good.” Paul Posluszny isn’t one lobbying for a defensive change. In fact, the defensive captain and starting middle linebacker said he has no doubt the team’s hybrid 3-4/4-3 defense can work – that despite the unit’s struggles toward the end of this season. “The scheme is really, really good,” 

Except for all of the phases of practice, execution and players.  Seriously I guess it is really good at practice.

I just don't understand the team, the players or what is going to happen for us fans.  At least we have potential at some skill positions on offense.

There is evidence to support Poz's statement.

1.  The same scheme is being run in Seattle.  They have been to back to back Super Bowls and were discussed amongst the best defenses of all time the year they won it.

2.  Despite the lack of pass rushing talent here, the team still managed to be middle of the pack in sacks. 

There has been almost no worthwhile investment in the defense.  Cyprien and Gratz aren't very good.  Just about every free agent was envisioned to be a stopgap.  We managed to hit a home run with Senderrick Marks, but he was hurt the whole year.  Odrick and miller are decent as space/block eaters, but neither can be counted upon to consistently rush the passer.  Fowler never played a down for us due to his injury.

I am as frustrated as the next guy, but there is evidence that Poz isn't blowing smoke.
Jags vs. Fans ?

The betting line is Fans minus 12. It would be worse, but the Fans starting QB is out, their starting running back has malaria and the entire Fan base has PTSD after witnessing that " game " yesterday.
Quote:There is evidence to support Poz's statement.

1.  The same scheme is being run in Seattle.  They have been to back to back Super Bowls and were discussed amongst the best defenses of all time the year they won it.

2.  Despite the lack of pass rushing talent here, the team still managed to be middle of the pack in sacks. 

There has been almost no worthwhile investment in the defense.  Cyprien and Gratz aren't very good.  Just about every free agent was envisioned to be a stopgap.  We managed to hit a home run with Senderrick Marks, but he was hurt the whole year.  Odrick and miller are decent as space/block eaters, but neither can be counted upon to consistently rush the passer.  Fowler never played a down for us due to his injury.

I am as frustrated as the next guy, but there is evidence that Poz isn't blowing smoke.

I don't know what we're running, I call it the Seattle Scheme...  But I've watched a couple games including yesterday's Seattle game.  Their defense runs alot of things very different from us.  For one, their CBs don't give up alot of space...   

Just an observation.

Whatever you want to call what we do here, it doesn't look anything near what Seattle is doing...  I should probably stop calling it the Seattle Scheme after watching the Seahawks actually play yesterday. 

What we do and what they do are 2 seperate things---from the small sample size I've seen...
Quote:There is evidence to support Poz's statement.

1. The same scheme is being run in Seattle. They have been to back to back Super Bowls and were discussed amongst the best defenses of all time the year they won it.

2. Despite the lack of pass rushing talent here, the team still managed to be middle of the pack in sacks.

There has been almost no worthwhile investment in the defense. Cyprien and Gratz aren't very good. Just about every free agent was envisioned to be a stopgap. We managed to hit a home run with Senderrick Marks, but he was hurt the whole year. Odrick and miller are decent as space/block eaters, but neither can be counted upon to consistently rush the passer. Fowler never played a down for us due to his injury.

the thing is when you have the players they have any scheme will work. We are not gonna have their players.
Quote:the thing is when you have the players they have any scheme will work. We are not gonna have their players.

I agree.  That said thanks for some rationale thought Bullseye.  This is almost a decade of fits and starts and frustration.  The eye test is really coming up red for me when watching other teams play.
An "us against the world" mentality is fine. Let the fans turn on the players and vice versa. Add more fuel to the fire for these players, throw that boulder on their shoulders and see how they react. Besides, us fans can just blame the media
Quote:An "us against the world" mentality is fine. Let the fans turn on the players and vice versa. Add more fuel to the fire for these players, throw that boulder on their shoulders and see how they react. Besides, us fans can just blame the media

^^ Ha love it.  Message boards are the last vestige of investment I have outside of Sunday Ticket.  Well and overpaying for my wife's Bortles Jersey from the team store.
I'm already peeking at the 2017 NFL Mock Drafts