Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Evaluate the 2015 draft class.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Fowler/ n/a

Yeldon - good

Cann--good

Greene-- good

Bennett-?

Sterling IR

Koyak cut
.........to be continued????

Waaaaaaay to early.
Too early but I'm assuming it will be fairly decent to good.
I'm kinda torn on Yeldon.

Quote:I'm kinda torn on Yeldon.
I want to say I am as well, however his total yardage was pretty solid, his blocking was nice and he showed flashes with his runs even with our poor oline. So well.. I think he had a pretty good rookie season considering our luck. Add in the failed Toby/DRob/whatever plays and his injuries.
Based on their rookie seasons:

Fowler - N/A

Yeldon - A- (made the most of what he had)

Cann - B (still couldn't make up for Beadles)

Sample - N/A

Greene - B (C for Offense, A for Special Teams)

Bennett - D (little impact on defense)

Sterling - D (apparently had special teams impact, according to Gus)

Koyack - N/A

They tried to give the class of 2015 its final exam, but someone ran into the building and pulled the fire alarm. The grade by default is I for incomplete, but I've been assured that an effort will be made to retest the participants after the 2017 season.

It all depends on dfj
Fowler - ? - very high expectations

Yeldon - B - shows promise, pass protection needs to improve

Cann - A - better than expected starter

Sample - ? - fairly high expectations

Greene - B - needs to cut down on drops, but impressive on returns and in space

Bennett - C - DL continues to stop run when he rotates in

Sterling - ? - jar-on-shelf, impressive preseason, coaches seem to like him

Koyack - ? - no comment, don't know

Quote:Fowler - ? - very high expectations

Wasn't Sterling hurt in the preseason?  I thought he only saw playing time in the 4th game.
-Fowler: can't be judged

-Yeldon: I really like him, I think he had a very good rookie season, missed 4 games and a half otherwise could have gotten to 1000 rushing yards plus around 400 receiving yards. He got really good from half season in pass protection. With a terrible run blocking in front of him couldn't ask for more,he gained tough yards, never fubmled and  we saw the disaster at RB depth position once he was out with injury or for Red Zone packages where he was leftout most of the time.

-Cann: Good rookie season, he had a couple of games where he really struggled but other than that he was really promising.

-Sample: can't be judged

-Greene: He was great on punt returns, average at best as a receiver. Beside 2 TD as a receiver from the 2 yard line on quick slants he had a few crucial drops and didn't really have impact. Walters was much better as a 3rd receiver option until he injured himself.

-Bennett: Didn't really have much of an impact, hard to evaluate him but it didn't come out as something special

-Sterling: He played just a bit of the 4th preseason game with a couple of great receptions, then he was on practice squad for a good part of the year before getting on the roster and playing special teams. Can't be evaluated.

-Koyack: can't be judged.

Quote:Fowler - ? - very high expectations

Koyak is an F (cut)

Sterling is a D 

Bennett IMO is a D. There was high expectations for him, with Marks questionable health wise early on. He was beat out by both Tyson and Hood, and  didn't get snaps until late and really didn't show enough. Disappointing

Greene B+ as a return guy, C as a WR

Sample is a C. Again, high expectations to either win the FS spot or unseat Cyp. Had injury issues that might have slowed him down, but the times he got in there, didn't really look good and made mistakes

Cann is a B to B+
Quote:-Greene: He was great on punt returns, average at best as a receiver. Beside 2 TD as a receiver from the 2 yard line on quick slants he had a few crucial drops and didn't really have impact. Walters was much better has a 3rd receiver option until he injured himself.

Granted Walters showed better hands, but Greene showed the ability to make something happen after the catch. I liked how Walters had a knack for knowing how to get just beyond the first down marker, but I feel like Greene will be an even better 3rd WR option given his ability to produce YAC. I'm thinking his drops were about him never quite developing timing with Bortles and that he'll show strides this offseason.

I really don't know how anyone can be torn on Yeldon. Look at what he did with the terrible run blocking from this o-line, no fullback...and as a rookie. I swear people just expect every back to play like Barry Sanders.

Quote:Bennett IMO is a D. There was high expectations for him, with Marks questionable health wise early on. He was beat out by both Tyson and Hood, and  didn't get snaps until late and really didn't show enough. Disappointing

As a late round pick I don't think his expectations were ever that high. I think it says something about how much they liked him that aside from a few weeks out with a sore ankle, he was consistently active. Instead they'd sit Chris Smith and Nick Marshall.

Quote:Koyak is an F (cut)

Sterling is a D 

Bennett IMO is a D. There was high expectations for him, with Marks questionable health wise early on. He was beat out by both Tyson and Hood, and  didn't get snaps until late and really didn't show enough. Disappointing

Greene B+ as a return guy, C as a WR

Sample is a C. Again, high expectations to either win the FS spot or unseat Cyp. Had injury issues that might have slowed him down, but the times he got in there, didn't really look good and made mistakes

Cann is a B to B+
Koyack is on the PS, nobody is going to steal our 5th TE so it makes sense to stash him. I think giving him no grade is much fairer than saying it's an F.
Yeah, if Fowler turns out to be a really good DE, then this draft should look pretty good overall.  Yeldon, Greene, and Cann all look like solid picks.

Quote:As a late round pick I don't think his expectations were ever that high. I think it says something about how much they liked him that aside from a few weeks out with a sore ankle, he was consistently active. Instead they'd sit Chris Smith and Nick Marshall.

Bennett's expectations were most definitely high.

This during training camp : http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/spor.../31233555/

He was a guy that was touted as a "steal" in the 6th round, especially with Marks being out early on it was largely thought he would get an opportunity. Despite the injuries to Senn, and the team badly needing someone who can collapse the pocket from the interior (Bennett's strength), he never really developed a role.
He's still only a 6th round pick.  Sure, we all thought we found a hidden gem, but right now I am not sure if he's really underperforming for where he was picked.  Heck, I see team's 6th round picks not even make the roster that year.

Pages: 1 2