Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Defense and Oline
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we have enough draft picks and will Dave spend enough in free agency to fix these 2?  2 of the worst in the league.  QB, WR, G, and TE are the only 4 positions we are set at IMO.  Huge holes throughout this whole roster still.  Lots of starters need to be upgraded not to mention the horrible depth.

Probably not.  We're still at least 2 years away from competing.  We have a ton of cap room so we can make big strides with free agency, but we'll still be a handful of pieces short going into next season, in my opinion.

Quote:Probably not. We're still at least 2 years away from competing. We have a ton of cap room so we can make big strides with free agency, but we'll still be a handful of pieces short going into next season, in my opinion.

We were supposed to be 2 years removed from competing 2 years ago.. Gus is nothing but Gene Smith in head coach form.
Pass rush and center can be addressed in FA by bringing in Vernon, Williams, and Mack. LG can be upgraded in house by sliding Cann to Beadles spot. Use Fowler at OTTO instead of LEO most of the games upgrades the linebacker corp. Have to draft Stanley or Tunsil in the first now. Hope a good, rangy safety is there in the second.

Quote:We were supposed to be 2 years removed from competing 2 years ago.. Gus is nothing but Gene Smith in head coach form.

We've always been 2 years removed from competing.
Quote:Probably not.  We're still at least 2 years away from competing.  We have a ton of cap room so we can make big strides with free agency, but we'll still be a handful of pieces short going into next season, in my opinion.
Well now, there's a happy thought.
Agree, still too many important needs to be 1 year away.  Foremost, they have got to fix the OL (LT and OC) and 4 man pass rush if they plan to stick with Gus' defensive scheme.       

Our defense is a joke; poor coaching, too little talent, no depth.

The left side of our offensive line is a joke. Joeckel and Beadles need to be gone or on the bench next season.

Joeckel has certainly been a huge disappointment.

Quote:Joeckel has certainly been a huge disappointment.

In my opinion, hes up there with Harvey.
Luke is the worst LT in NFL history

Quote:Luke is the worst LT in NFL history

With his draft position, i can see this argument. 5 sacks?
Quote:We were supposed to be 2 years removed from competing 2 years ago.. Gus is nothing but Gene Smith in head coach form.

That was the fleecing from the front office.  It is a five year plan.  They could have never sold a five year plan.  They could barely sell the fans on a three year plan.  Gus is a placeholder in 2016.
Quote:Luke is the worst LT in NFL history
Lets look at some of the 2nd overall LT picks in the last 12 years

2004 draft Robert Gallery    turned out to be a decent guard but horrible OT

2009 draft Jason Smith     Horrible

2013 draft Luke Joeckel    Sucks to put him in this convo