Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars want to re-sign Lewis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Florida Times-Union expects Jacksonville to re-sign TE Marcedes Lewis and expect to get it done sometime this offseason.

I dont understand, is there a rule that this guy must be on the roster. Its moves like these that make me question this regime. The guy is useless.
Quote:The Florida Times-Union expects Jacksonville to re-sign TE Marcedes Lewis and expect to get it done sometime this offseason.

I dont understand, is there a rule that this guy must be on the roster. Its moves like these that make me question this regime. The guy is useless.

As long as he takes a hefty pay cut. He hasn't had a good year at all.
Quote:The Florida Times-Union expects Jacksonville to re-sign TE Marcedes Lewis and expect to get it done sometime this offseason.

Agreed. It's as dumb as when they made signing Henne in free agency such a priority a few years ago. Some things matter, and some don't. Getting Marcedes or Chad wrapped up with a contract are moves that do not matter at all.
Lewis is a solid blocking tight end that offers little in the passing game.  If it's for a close to minimum deal, ok. 

I'm glad they've decided to retain Marcedes so he can play out his career with the team. It's taking care of their own. I expect Marcedes to sign a contract near $2 mil per year.

I don't mind him on the roster at all, but they shouldn't design red zone plays featuring him as a receiver. He can still be somewhat effective down the seam, but he just seems to lose it inside the 20.

Meh
[Image: incredulous.gif]

I dont mind if its a cheap contract
He did have that catch that one time this year.

All joking aside, at the right price, in ok with it
Quote:[Image: incredulous.gif]

Exactly.
Maybe he'll develop this offseason.

Just kidding. He is what he is. I'm still glad to see the albino giraffe stick around.

If he's the third TE and gets less than $2 million, it's not a big deal.

If he comes back cheap then I don't have a problem with it. He's a decent 3rd TE and blocker. Would like to see them draft a number 2 TE this offseason.
Mercedes lewis is still a good blocker.

At this point in his career As a pass catcher he lives as a 5 to ten yard hook/checkdown.

If they run him on another outbreaking route or deep route olson should be fined.
He's a team captain. He must have some kind of value to the lockerroom. I was hoping we would draft a tight end
Overrated blocker and not a good pass catcher.

Yes let's get him back.
They can do much better the Lewis, but hey, what do I know.

He has his ups and downs when it comes to blocking, but he isn't what he once was. Not at 31. There's been games where he was terrible. My guess is they are bringing him back for veteran leadership. That's probably why they'll bring Henne back.

Pages: 1 2 3