Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Babich blames defensive woes on communication issues with the team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/1/2/10...onsibility

Here's the direct quote:

""To have communication problems right now, that's a problem that I take full responsibility for," Babich admitted. "As a coordinator, I need to make sure that we have the proper language, the proper channels to do it and that everybody is doing it. Any communication at any time that breaks down is a bad thing. When everybody is not on the same page is when you don't play as a unit and that's when big plays happens. I take full responsibility for that."

Hey, at least he accepts responsibility for something.

Edit: Mods please change "defense" to "defensive" in the title. Thanks.

Not completely sure why Babich would stick his neck out there right now considering he's an easy scapegoat. I've said it many times in the past, If you remove your own emotion of the Jags failings on defense, You'll see a situation where the perfect storm of Injuries, Age, and lack of draft attention have killed them. Its ok though. We needed a legit offense. I fully have faith in Caldwell's ability to fix this defense. 

The pleas of a man about to get the axe
Guess maybe he figures he's pretty much gone regardless
Babich: Go out and play well.

Team: Go out and play like #$@! ? Well, ok, you're the DC.

Communication is a pain in the butt.
It speaks volumes to the state of this team right now if at the end of the season the defensive coach attributes the teams losses to communication issues. Injury's, new players, new defense.....these are reasons for a defense to falter, not a lack of or inability to communicate.

Are these guys watching any game film or are they just going out to try to stop the opponents offense cluelessly?
Gee, perhaps that's the reason he was demoted in Chicago! Some people live life and learn, others just live life.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

He saw what happened to Fisch last year. He knows what's coming.
He should just quit Babiching and start sending out resumes
"Communication Breakdown...it's always the same".

Excuses. Because.

Bring out "the Donald". #yourefired
LOL. Negging him.

He's constructing a defensive game plan to bend and not break every week. He doesn't have the talent to pressure the QB, has young players who he probably can't extend the full play book to, and they can't kill the clock enough on offense (running the ball) to give him an opportunity to be aggressive.

That said, I don't think it could be worse. Might as well bring in some new blood. If my job was on the line, I would.
Babich: it's third and long, let's protect against the deep ball and allow the screen pass to get the first down.

Players: should we rush the passer?

Babich: no.
Just watch one of his interviews and you'll realize why there's a communication problem.

Quote:Babich: it's third and long, let's protect against the deep ball and allow the screen pass to get the first down.

Players: should we rush the passer?

Babich: no.

3 man rush prevent defense.
Embarrassing.
Well look at the bright side, he'll probably be gone in about 2 days.
Communication issues?

As a DC if you can't get things across to the players....Pros by the way....of what you want them to do, how in the world did you get your job?

Give me a break.

7 games we allowed over 30 points.

"To have communication problems right now, that's a problem that I take full responsibility for," Babich admitted. "As a coordinator, I need to make sure that we have the proper language, the proper channels to do it and that everybody is doing it. Any communication at any time that breaks down is a bad thing. When everybody is not on the same page is when you don't play as a unit and that's when big plays happens. I take full responsibility for that."

So what's he trying to say?
Will Gus have the cahones to fire Babich?
Pages: 1 2