Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What does it matter if Babich is gone? Defense will still suck without major upgrades.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No pass rush.

Weak LB core.

Secondary that can't make plays on the ball.
Babich sucks. He needs to go.
Quote:No pass rush.

Weak LB core.

Secondary that can't make plays on the ball.

Agreed, the Jags need another long corner that can effectively play press man on the outside, that will allow Gus to use Colvin in a slot/FS/blitzing role, similar to how the Cardinals use the Honey Badger. We also need a rangy FS, that will allow James Sample or Cyp to play in the box, I personally don't believe Sample is the answer at FS, his size and skill-set is similar to Kam Chancellor, I see Sample as the enforcer of the Jags secondary at SS. We also need to overhaul the linebackers, the only starter in 2016 should be Telvin Smith, the Jags need speedy sideline to sideline linebackers that can pursue, shed blocks, and cover TE's and RB's out of the backfield, there's a reason why we allow so many receptions to RB's and TE's, are linebackers (outside of Telvin) simply can't cover anyone. The defensive line needs at least two LEO's  (in addition to Fowler), it wouldn't surprise me if Dave signed Mario Williams (he'll be release) while also making a play for Olivier Vernon. All in all in I think we'll see 9-10 additions on the defensive side of the ball through FA and the draft, this defense needs speed and playmakers at every level.
Quote:Babich sucks. He needs to go.
 He stunk when he was hired.  Hiring him and Jedd Fisch were Bradley's two worst decisions he's ever made.  

We should have known better when that's how he began his career here.
Need an impact LB (Jaylon Smith) in the draft and pick up a DE in free agency that can share reps and take some pressure off Fowler.

I think the corners are decent and can be successful if there was any semblance of a pass rush.
Ramsey, Spence/Fuller in the draft, Mario and Vernon in FA, Fowler back better than ever and Marks playing at 2014 levels and the whole defense is fixed.

Babich took a top 10 Bears defense to bottom of the league and when he was demoted they were top 10 again... without any huge player changes. And that was under "defensive HC" Lovie Smith.

Babich is a problem.

Players will also definitely be upgraded.
This couldn't have been said in the other Babich thread?

Anyway, ya we need help. And it's not like we can expect a rookie CB to play at Revis level. They usually take time to develop. For example Josh Norman was not even close to what he is now his rookie year.

So point is, there is no quick fix.