Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Bradley's back is Babich gone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Somebody has to be held responsible for this teams losing record, and Babich must be that guy! This defense stink time and time again, and was the reason we lost many games! Babich has to go his scheme and playcalling is awful.. No more excuses! Lets bring in an inspiring up and coming d-coordinators and keep it moving ... Offense definitely improved under Olsen its the defense time!
If I was Bradley I would take over the D myself.  No more excuses.  Babich returning brings a new definition to insanity.

It's Gus' defense.  Babich is nothing more than a figurehead.  

This begs the question:  If Babich is gone, with whom do we replace him?

Do we promote from within (Todd Wash)?

Do we get an experienced defensive coordinator (Schwartz, Ray Horton)?

Do we promote a young position coach from elsewhere?

Who would you want?

Quote:Somebody has to be held responsible for this teams losing record, and Babich must be that guy! This defense stink time and time again, and was the reason we lost many games! Babich has to go his scheme and playcalling is awful.. No more excuses! Lets bring in an inspiring up and coming d-coordinators and keep it moving ... Offense definitely improved under Olsen its the defense time!

Lol, Why does there have to be a scapegoat? That type of failed logic is what ruins companies in this world and keeps teams in the basement. Remove the emotion from the situation then look for weak points without bias. Zoom out of the situation and look at it from afar. Consider all things. 

Do this and you'll see a defense whom has weathered the perfect storm of injuries, depleted talent/depth, and got a little old in a couple spots. Is it Caldwells fault? Heck no! He just delivered us the offense we've only dreamed of. He put focus on the offense and it just exploded. Next, His gaze will turn to the defense and you'll see Bradley/Babich in a new light just like Olsen. 
Quote:This begs the question:  If Babich is gone, with whom do we replace him?

Who would you want?
I wouldn't hate Schwartz. Not real keen on Horton.
If Babich is fired you will have a hard time getting anyone of quality to come in considering Gus is on the last year of his contract.

Oh, and in fairness to Babich, he has very little talent in the areas you need talent in the modern NFL defense (no pass rush, weak safeties and no speed at LB (sans Telvin.)

That being said, Babich hasn't shown much more than Fisch did and he got canned.
Quote:I wouldn't hate Schwartz. Not real keen on Horton.
Horton is viewed as one of the best young defensive coordinators in the game.

My only reservation with him is whether he is a 3-4 guy or is that just where he wound up?
Quote:This begs the question:  If Babich is gone, with whom do we replace him?

Who would you want?

I'd like to see them bring in another coordinator.  I can't imagine it would hurt to have another pair of eyes, ears, and another brain looking over everything and trying to fix this defense.  Maybe that's just me, and maybe I'm wrong and NFL Coaches wouldn't be able to use another pair of ears/eyes (though if that's the case, why even have two coordinators?) 
I wouldn't mind Schwartz.  The more I think about it, I would welcome the signing.

He was defensive coordinator in Buffalo for the two years that Marrone was their head coach.

He got more out of Mario Williams than any coach ever had.  Williams still has a couple of productive years left, and chances are he is toast in Buffalo as a bad fit in Ryan's 3-4.

Bring in Schwartz as defensive coordinator, bring in Mario Williams on a short deal, get Marks and Fowler healthy, and the defense should be vastly improved.

I want them to keep Babich and have Gus take over the D. Gonna be a ton of D coordinators getting hired this offseason, and I doubt they choose a lame duck staff in Jacksonville over those options. I would also like if Gus came out and said he's taking over as D coordinator so everyone is on the same page as far as who's responsible for play calling.
Quote:It's Gus' defense. Babich is nothing more than a figurehead.

False. Gus hasn't called plays all year.
I would assume Babich is gone. Someone HAS to be fired for this Defense. Fisch was let go 2 days after the end of last season, Babich should be gone around this time next week
Quote:False. Gus hasn't called plays all year.

Then Gus is a moron.
Quote:Then Gus is a moron.

We all know this.
If Gus allowed Babich to continue controlling the defense despite how horrid it's been for 3 years running he deserves to be fired.

Quote:If Babich is fired you will have a hard time getting anyone of quality to come in considering Gus is on the last year of his contract.

Oh, and in fairness to Babich, he has very little talent in the areas you need talent in the modern NFL defense (no pass rush, weak safeties and no speed at LB (sans Telvin.)

That being said, Babich hasn't shown much more than Fisch did and he got canned.
Wouldnt it be more enticing.. Because of the possibility of becoming a head coach if Gus goes? Plus you have plenty cap space, a top 5 draft pick, and you have Fowler coming bk nxt year..
Quote:I would assume Babich is gone. Someone HAS to be fired for this Defense. Fisch was let go 2 days after the end of last season, Babich should be gone around this time next week
Agreed!
Quote:Wouldnt it be more enticing.. Because of the possibility of becoming a head coach if Gus goes? Plus you have plenty cap space, a top 5 draft pick, and you have Fowler coming bk nxt year..

That's what I would think.  You would get a contract that is guaranteed and worse case scenario you can look for a job while having a NFL DC salary coming in.  That being said, i just remember the lame duck staff under Del Rio and the trouble they had getting someone in.

I think that spending on D and the high pick is a decent argument. 
I'd be surprised if Babich was given a free pass here.  I get our personnel wasn't the best with Fowler and Marks hurt all year, but the playcalling was bad and part of the reason we gave up so many points.

Pages: 1 2 3