Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles could make history Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/12/29/...-vs-texans

Bortles could be only the second QB in NFL history to throw for 4,500 yards and 30 TDs and still have a loosing record. He needs 311 yards Sunday. Drew Brees has accomplished this three times.
What will happen, the Jags will get behind like they usually do.  That's when they just abandon their game plan-running game- a balance attack, and just start chucking the ball deep.  Kind of like garbage stats in the 2nd half.  Bortles will get his 300+ yards, unless the houston D led by Watt and Clowney come out like monsters from the extra motivation and the fans passion in the stands, and destroy Bortles and their come from behind offense air attack.

Being the 2nd isn't really making history.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/12/29/10684380/jacksonville-jaguars-blake-bortles-could-make-history-vs-texans'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/12/29/10684380/jacksonville-jaguars-blake-bortles-could-make-history-vs-texans</a>

Bortles could be only the second QB in NFL history to throw for 4,500 yards and 30 TDs and still have a loosing record. He needs 311 yards Sunday. Drew Brees has accomplished this three times.

We are

Jaguars?

I'm Ron burgundy?
Bortles could also set franchise records in passing yards and completions. He needs 16 completions and I forget how many yards, around 300 I think. Entirely possible he breaks both of those records in only his 2nd year. Unreal. I can't wait to see what this guy does next season.
Quote:Bortles could also set franchise records in passing yards and completions. He needs 16 completions and I forget how many yards, around 300 I think. Entirely possible he breaks both of those records in only his 2nd year. Unreal. I can't wait to see what this guy does next season.
I think he only needs 187 for the passing yards.
Quote:Being the 2nd isn't really making history.
it a a select club of history.
Quote:I think he only needs 187 for the passing yards.

178. Well 179 to actually break it.

He should break completions and yards Sunday. Also though, a lot of these records he sets likely won't be hit by him again for a while. If we get a proper rushing attack and defense we won't need to throw nearly as much. However with the expected continued growth of him and the WRs, who knows.
If your team sucks, you may as well break records where you can, lets go BB5

I know it's a passing league now, but it's still pretty crazy that Bortles could set pretty much every single season franchise passing record in his second year.

Quote:178. Well 179 to actually break it.

He should break completions and yards Sunday. Also though, a lot of these records he sets likely won't be hit by him again for a while. If we get a proper rushing attack and defense we won't need to throw nearly as much. However with the expected continued growth of him and the WRs, who knows.

I don't know about that. As good as our passing attack has been this year, our rushing attack has been equally lackluster, sure, but our offense is middle of the road in terms of yards/game. So if our rushing attack improves next year, as I expect it will, it won't necessarily mean a decrease in passing yardage. A better rushing game will extend more drives, which will allow Blake to throw it more. We can be a top 10 offense with Blake throwing it as much as he is now, but with a better running game to complement him. Think of the Steelers' offense. Leveon Bell still gets his carries and his yards, but Ben also puts up great numbers. That's where I see us next year and many years to come.
Quote:178. Well 179 to actually break it.

Agreed I actually don't see him posting better numbers next year if our offense evens out a bit. Ideally next year the TD's will be in the 30's, the INT's will drop and the completion percentage will raise. Hopefully he doesn't have to throw 600 passes again.
One o

Quote:Being the 2nd isn't really making history.

That was my first thoughts as well.
Quote:I know it's a passing league now, but it's still pretty crazy that Bortles could set pretty much every single season franchise passing record in his second year.

Feels good, doesn't it?