Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Blake Bortles can lead the NFL in a few QB stats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bortles is right now 2nd in the NFL in td passes 35, Brady has 36

Bortles leads the NFL with the longest passing play this year, 90 yards

Also the on the other end

Bortles is 2nd in the NFL in INTs 16, P.Manning has 17 but he wont play to get more, Matt Ryan has 15

Bortles is 2nd in being sacked 43 times, behind 3 QBs tied with 44 times being sacked 

Hopefully those top 2 he can end up with in this last game Sunday

Leading the NFL in td passes would be huge, and give Blake Bortles a lot of respect going forward and something nobody can take away from him and will always be in the NFL record books

He is a home run hitter that strikes out a lot.

But I'll live and die with a gunslinger.
Quote:He is a home run hitter that strikes out a lot.

I wouldnt even say he strikes out a lot, he has thrown a lot of passes, the 5 QBs that have thrown more passes this year then Blake have played at least 10 years besides Ryan who is in his 8th year, and all have thrown double digit INTs besides Brady.

INts are gonna happen, just those two terrible redzone INTs are the ones that cant happen.
Quote:He is a home run hitter that strikes out a lot.

Chris Davis
Im ok with the ints as long as he is doubling the TDS

IIRC, he's done better with INTs the second half of the season also.  As long as he continues to improve, we're going to be set for a long time at this position.

Our QB has thrown 35 TDs and we only have five wins.

I despise this hashtag but this is such a #becausejaguars stat.

We have 2 receivers with 2000 yards and 24 tds and we have 5 wins.

#BCJ
Blake is such a gunslinger,and I love it.Maybe tweek the offense to be a pass first to set up the run like the Pats.

Just unleash the kid early in the first half and get him rolling.
Quote:Im ok with the ints as long as he is doubling the TDS

This. INT's will never fully be dispersed from Blakes game. He truely is the next coming of Brett Farve. He's going to frustrate us sometimes but he will make the bad games more bearable due to sheer excitement. The thing we need from blake is simply the 1:2 TD/INT ratio and limit Red zone/Pick 6 INTs.