Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson leading NFL.com poll on biggest snub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The numbers are simply better than most that are in the pro bowl.  Too bad it's a popularity contest

I posted this in another thread. He was way ahead with 43% of the vote every time I voted for him. Marc Sessler listed Allen Robinson as one of the biggest snubs. He has Pro Bowl numbers.

Quote:He was way ahead with 43% of the vote,,,, every time I voted for him.

Not to just single out MJF, because thousands of fans do this^^.

But this is the exact reason why any type of fan voting process should not be allowed for the Pro-Bowl (or any "player of the week" type of awards). Unlimited voting for a single person is ridiculous.
Quote:Not to just single out MJF, because thousands of fans do this^^.

But this is the exact reason why any type of fan voting process should not be allowed for the Pro-Bowl (or any "player of the week" type of awards). Unlimited voting for a single person is ridiculous.
Err, I think she's talking about the homepage poll, but okay.
Quote:Err, I think she's talking about the homepage poll, but okay.

You never noticed the homepage poll is unlimited fan voting? I can vote on the same question all I want to and so can everyone else.
Quote:You never noticed the homepage poll is unlimited fan voting? I can vote on the same question all I want to and so can everyone else.
Yes, but he's talking about weekly player awards and pro bowl voting.
Quote:Yes, but he's talking about weekly player awards and pro bowl voting.

And this thread is about the poll question, not weekly awards for players.

Like player votes, this specific question is about respect IMO. The fact that 43% of votes are for Allen Robinson tells me many people agree with us he was a Pro Bowl snub - not just the media and Jaguars fans.
The Pro Bowl just seems pointless these days and I've given up on it entirely. The NFL makes some really questionable decisions in whoring itself out.