Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: When Allen Robinson has man to man coverage in the redzone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just throw him the damn ball, that's all. He's arguably the most athletic receiver in the NFL given his size and leaping ability, just throw it up, 3 consecutive times if it's man to man. If teams adjust and double him it will create opportunities for other players. Blake needs to recognize this pre-snap and just throw it up, thoughts? 

Agreed. Woulda swore that was going to be the play on the goaline INT.

Should have been.
Im all about it

Quote:Agreed. Woulda swore that was going to be the play on the goaline INT.

Should have been.

Me too, Desmond Trufant is a nice corner but A-Rob presents a matchup nightmare for any corner, he's too big/athletic, and has elite ball skills. The one game where they decided to go A-Rob in the redzone resulted in 3 TD's against the Titans.

Should have been.

Yup, he had man to man coverage on the right side with nobody near them but lets throw it to Marcedes giraffe Lewis.
Absolutely. He and JT should get about 70% of our red zone looks, period.
next step for him next year is to perform better against top flight corners

not necessarily meaning 10 catches 100 + yards, but at least consistently threaten the top flight guys

Quote:Just throw him the damn ball, that's all. He's arguably the most athletic receiver in the NFL given his size and leaping ability, just throw it up, 3 consecutive times if it's man to man. If teams adjust and double him it will create opportunities for other players. Blake needs to recognize this pre-snap and just throw it up, thoughts?

Yes, it should have been. Maybe throwing that int will stick with him and he'll make the better read next time.
Quote:Yes, it should have been. Maybe throwing that int will stick with him and he'll make the better read next time.

You would think, also, if they're going to throw it to Lewis in the redzone throw it "up" to Lewis to where he only has a chance to catch the ball.
To this day I have no idea why Bortles thought throwing a dart at the goal line was a good idea. I'd rather float it over the receivers head and have it get picked in the back of the endzone rather than right at the goal line with a convoy of blockers ahead of him.

That redzone pick was pretty ugly, but isn't anyone impressed he managed to chase the man down the field 80 some yards to save the td?

Mr. 75/25 ball
It should be common sense. Over the last two weeks thats what we had been doing. Why stick with what works. Theyll never expect an offensive tackle, i mean te in the flat.

Also, for that ball to have any chance it has to be high and outside. Anythin gbbko chest level and inside goes the other way to the crib. Thats basic football.
Am I the only one scared about having someone like Allen Robinson? This dude could leave this franchise with the quickness if they don't get things corrected in the what 400 years til his contract is up? 

I said to my father in law, who is not an NFL fan, "Watch, they have single coverage on Robinson.  They will throw a fade."

Then I got really sad.
Lol
Quote:I said to my father in law, who is not an NFL fan, "Watch, they have single coverage on Robinson. They will throw a fade."

Then I got really sad.

Pity Blake can't throw a fade to save his life.

Should have been.
I honestly thought we were going to sneak it. We do have a 6'5" nearly 250 lbs QB and were less than a yard out. 
Quick slant to Robinson was wide open. 30 yard bullet pass to far left side....*sigh*