Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: POZ playing?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a bad move to start him. He will be hinder to tackle and can't catch. There is now way he is better than Tripp right now he will get abused tomorrow and possibly lose us the game
I disagree.

You're overreacting. He will keep Freeman contained and help shut down the run game.

There is no way he will be able to cover now.

Oh, wait...
You are acting like just because JPP can't wrap up QBs anymore, Poz will be unable to do that. FYI his cast is not that big. Yes, it will be harder to play with that on his hand, but if Poz could not tackle I doubt he would be cleared to play.

I think Poz will be fine plus he's the undisputed leader of our defense and him being on the field automatically makes every one else better.
Quote:I think Poz will be fine plus he's the undisputed leader of our defense and him being on the field automatically makes every one else better.

He is our defensive captain.
Quote:He is our defensive captain.
that is what I was alluding too.
Quote:I think Poz will be fine plus he's the undisputed leader of our defense and him being on the field automatically makes every one else better.

I don't know.  They played pretty well without him last week...
Quote:I don't know. They played pretty well without him last week...

I'm not ready to sit down one of our best defenders based on a guy playing one good game. We are in a fight for the playoffs, I want our best guys on the field.
Quote:I'm not ready to sit down one of our best defenders based on a guy playing one good game. We are in a fight for the playoffs, I want our best guys on the field.

Poz has been a liability in the middle of the field.  I thought Jordan Tripp played above expectations last week from my untrained eye and I thought that would earn him a chance again this week.

Being one of our best defenders isn't saying a whole lot. 
Quote:Poz has been a liability in the middle of the field. I thought Jordan Tripp played above expectations last week from my untrained eye and I thought that would earn him a chance again this week.

Being one of our best defenders isn't saying a whole lot.

Meh. He'll have his chance. Right in the middle of the playoff push isn't it.
Even BCC agrees and they aren't fans of Poz at all.

Quote:Andy from Jacksonville, FL

Q: With Paul Posluzny being cleared to practice on Wednesday, and the possibility open for him to play Sunday, what would the smarter decision be: Start a healthy Jordan Tripp who played a decent game Sunday or Posluszny? How effective can he be with the club hand?

A: Jordan Tripp did some good things against the Colts. In the first start of his career, he remained in position (for the most part) and seemed to handle the headset duties relatively well. However, in your scenario, the smartest decision would probably be to start Posluszny. As much as Tripp may have outperformed his expectations on Sunday, it was still just one game and Poz is still the undisputed quarterback of the defense. Poz will still be effective with a club, but might struggle releasing from blocks.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/12/17/10349494/jacksonville-jaguars-q-a-should-the-jaguars-start-posluszny-or-tripp'>http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/12/17/10349494/jacksonville-jaguars-q-a-should-the-jaguars-start-posluszny-or-tripp</a>
The cast is a concern. Anyone that remembers the playoff game against the Pats will agree.

With that being said, that dude plays his [BLEEP] off. I don't mind that he's starting.
Quote:The cast is a concern. Anyone that remembers the playoff game against the Pats will agree.

With that being said, that dude plays his [BLEEP] off. I don't mind that he's starting.

I hear what Babich is saying about Poz still being able to bring it and I do think he'll be fine, but I'd by lying if I said I don't keep thinking about Mike P with in that club on his hand being useless against the Pats.

Use Tripp on obvious passing downs
Quote:Use Tripp on obvious passing downs

Use tripping on obvious passing downs.  
Quote:Use Tripp on obvious passing downs

Or, use strippers on obvious passing downs.
Quote:Or, use strippers on obvious passing downs.

I like this strategy even better.
Will we miss some tackles today? Pozsibly.

(High fives self)
Pages: 1 2