Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Favorite Blowout in Franchise History?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

A lot of tough choices, but the blowout against Peyton and the Clots in 2006 really stands out; along with the 62-7 beatdown of the Dolphins in what would be the final game for both Jimmy Johnson and Dan Marino.

62-7
I started watching the Jags in 2008 so yeah... 51-16.

62-7 easily. I remember everything before during and after the game. Good times.
Quote:I started watching the Jags in 2008 so yeah... 51-16.

Well then I guess that means you and Gus have something in common.

This was both of yours first Jaguars blowout win.

Congratulations to both of you.

Hopefully we won't have to wait to long for the next Jaguar blowout win and you will both get your second one real soon.

62 to 7 is the obvious one...

But the 375 game was beautiful too.
Quote:62-7

Easily. The highest point in franchise history and unfortunately the beginning of the down period.
Another that deserves mention that isn't my favorite is the 1999 30-7 win over defending NFC Champion Atlanta in the Georgia Dome.

The Jaguars registered 10 sacks.

I'll be the hipster and say 07 Raiders/Jags because the Jags completely dominated this game. Absolutely nothing went wrong. It's also the biggest reason Sapp hates the Jags now, because he was ejected from the game after being bullied by the OLine all game.

that 375 yarder was amazing as far as imposing a will goes, bittersweet when you think of the way that season ended for the colts

Marino still hates the Jags...so I had to go with that one!!
Quote:Marino still hates the Jags...so I had to go with that one!!

It would be great to make the playoffs and face Manning and do the same thing to him.
The 2007 raider game was fun too. That was the game Sapp got thrown out of. I remember a lot of us were egging him on and he got so pissed.
Quote:Another that deserves mention that isn't my favorite is the 1999 30-7 win over defending NFC Champion Atlanta in the Georgia Dome.

The Jaguars registered 10 sacks.

If memory serves me correct, this is the game where Tavian Banks was lost due to a cheap shot in mop up time. Sad ending to his career.
You are correct.  That was a sad day.

I think Banks could have made a difference in that AFC Championship game.

62-7

This game went down as the greatest Jaguars game ever played.

The offense scored at will. The defense scored, caused sacks, interceptions. The backups scored.

Taylor could have rushed for 300 yards but they took him out early in the 3rd quarter.

Biggest blowout in playoff history.
I had the pleasure at being at that 'fish gutting so long ago......and also at the recent clot destruction.

I had to go with the recent clot busting because...
  • It was so unexpected....especially by the clots  Ninja
  • Division rival total beatdown  :woot:
  • It came after so many years of Jaguars frustration  :thumbsup:
Quote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tyf99vLzxXA

Where did Jimmy come from?! Haha he was so fast
Quote:Where did Jimmy come from?! Haha he was so fast
He came in at a whole other level of speed. Yeah, he was so fast.
Pages: 1 2