Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NY Pizza Shop Owner Pleads Guilty To Recruiting ISIS Fighters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

NY Pizza Shop Owner Pleads Guilty To Recruiting ISIS Fighters

Mufid Elfgeeh, owner of a New York pizza shop, served up steaming slices -- as well as passports, fake birth certificates, laptops and cash for would-be ISIS recruits heading to Syria.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/c...ters?Fb=pv

Looks like he'll be getting his virginal rewards in prison.

Quote:Looks like he'll be getting his virginal rewards in prison.

He won't be virginal long at all...
Clearly, we need to close our borders to prohibit any Muslims from leaving.

What a joke^
Quote:Clearly, we need to close our borders to prohibit any Muslims from leaving.

No, we need to close our borders to prevent the easy pickings of easily radicalized (or the already radicalized posing as) refugees for guys like this. Once we do that then we can focus our investigative resources on rooting out others like him.
Quote:No, we need to close our borders to prevent the easy pickings of easily radicalized (or the already radicalized posing as) refugees for guys like this. Once we do that then we can focus our investigative resources on rooting out others like him.

Ignore him. He's been on a drama queen rage lately.. 
Quote:No, we need to close our borders to prevent the easy pickings of easily radicalized (or the already radicalized posing as) refugees for guys like this. Once we do that then we can focus our investigative resources on rooting out others like him.

Is that who he was targeting as recruits? There was no mention of that in the article.

Quote:Is that who he was targeting as recruits? There was no mention of that in the article.

Whether he was or wasn't doesn't change my statement.

I Second the Motion.
Quote:Whether he was or wasn't doesn't change my statement.

So you want to fix something that hasn't been a problem here.
Quote:So you want to fix something that hasn't been a problem here.

Yes, because it's clearly a problem in Europe and we're next.

Why are you so against protecting your countrymen from harm? 
Quote:Yes, because it's clearly a problem in Europe and we're next.

Why are you so against protecting your countrymen from harm? 

Why do you arrive at that conclusion, because yours is the only valid solution? I'm for protecting my countrymen from harm on all fronts.
Quote:Why do you arrive at that conclusion, because yours is the only valid solution? I'm for protecting my countrymen from harm on all fronts.

When you constantly downplay the concerns we express related to this topic it certainly doesn't look that way.
Quote:So you want to fix something that hasn't been a problem here.
My house isn't currently on fire but my preference is to take measures to prevent me from having to face a house fire. 
Quote:When you constantly downplay the concerns we express related to this topic it certainly doesn't look that way.

That's because what you propose goes against the very fabric upon which this nation was built, and when another attack happens, and it will, the next step is to focus the sights on Muslims already here. Citizens. As I've pointed out, the biggest threat is domestic radicalization. You're kidding yourself if you think it won't happen.

Our government bears quite a bit of responsibility for the refugee mess, and has an obligation to accept refugees that resulted partially from our actions over there. I'm not proposing we open the flood gates, but I don't like the idea of closing the door in the face of desperate people, many of whom are women and children, with no place to go and no home to which they can return.

The reason Hezbollah and Hamas have such strong support is not ideology, it's because they offer services to otherwise disenfranchised people in hopeless situations. Every bomb we drop is contrasted to the clinics and schools they open.

Donald Trump is as big a recruiting tool for ISIS as any social media campaign, by creating an us vs. them mentality, with "them" including mostly innocents.

I'd support a complete closer of the borders until we figure things out, I think selectively closing out terror states is more realistic. The only notion I can't support is trumps stupid idea of making immigration subject to religion.
Quote:That's because what you propose goes against the very fabric upon which this nation was built, and when another attack happens, and it will, the next step is to focus the sights on Muslims already here. Citizens. As I've pointed out, the biggest threat is domestic radicalization. You're kidding yourself if you think it won't happen.

Our government bears quite a bit of responsibility for the refugee mess, and has an obligation to accept refugees that resulted partially from our actions over there. I'm not proposing we open the flood gates, but I don't like the idea of closing the door in the face of desperate people, many of whom are women and children, with no place to go and no home to which they can return.

The reason Hezbollah and Hamas have such strong support is not ideology, it's because they offer services to otherwise disenfranchised people in hopeless situations. Every bomb we drop is contrasted to the clinics and schools they open.

Donald Trump is as big a recruiting tool for ISIS as any social media campaign, by creating an us vs. them mentality, with "them" including mostly innocents.

Good god are you delusional.. Are you sure that's weed and not crack?
Quote:That's because what you propose goes against the very fabric upon which this nation was built, and when another attack happens, and it will, the next step is to focus the sights on Muslims already here. Citizens. As I've pointed out, the biggest threat is domestic radicalization. You're kidding yourself if you think it won't happen.

I didn't say it wouldn't happen here and I firmly believe we have to deal with the internal issue in a Constitutional manner. That doesn't preclude us from preventing incidents with foreigners like those currently happening in Europe first. 
Quote:Good god are you delusional.. Are you sure that's weed and not crack?

The same can be said on your obviously skewed viewpoints. I bet you get off on Trump and his ludicrous views.
Pages: 1 2