Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vote for HOF Semifinalist Tony Boselli
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is old news but here is the webpage where you can vote for the best offensive lineman in Jaguars history. You have to vote for 15 candidates. Others include Jimmy Johnson and Morten Andersen, two guys who sent the Jaguars to playoff games without being on our team. Former Jaguar Torry Holt is also on there, although he most likely will get in as a Ram. Just try to pick 15 players so your vote for Tony can be accepted. Unlike Pro Bowl and Player of the Week votes, this one actually matters!

http://www.nfl.com/hofvote

Only 2% huh? Let's get the click bots out again.
I don't like a lot of those selections!  Why on earth is Jimmy Johnson, Don Coryell, or Tony Dungy on there?  I don't like putting a coach in the HOF unless they did something so spectuclar that no other HC could've matched a clear obivious great guy.  I can understand Bill Parcells he went to a few teams and proved he was a winner in each place despite the talent he was given along with the players & coaches that gained from his teachings (some still in the NFL today)!

I can understand Don Schula for having the Perfect Season and with the no name Defense, or Vince Lombardi, Chuck Knoll for obivious reasons.  What did Jimmy Johnson do he didnt win almost at all in his first year (only one game) almost broke even in his 2nd, and then sure his team was great for three years & then he went to miami and had some success.  Call him a good or even great HC and I'll agree but HOF?  Are you serioius?  HOF?  No way.  What about Tony Dungy?  He had Peyton Manning a guy that really makes a lot of HCs look like a pure Genius.  He's a good coach, wrote a book sure but HOF?  I don't think so.

I picked Tony Boselli hopefully he gets in he deserves it.

Quote:Only 2% huh? Let's get the click bots out again.
I did it. He has 1000 votes from me.
Quote:I don't like a lot of those selections!  Why on earth is Jimmy Johnson, Don Coryell, or Tony Dungy on there?  I don't like putting a coach in the HOF unless they did something so spectuclar that no other HC could've matched a clear obivious great guy.  I can understand Bill Parcells he went to a few teams and proved he was a winner in each place despite the talent he was given along with the players & coaches that gained from his teachings (some still in the NFL today)!

I can understand Don Schula for having the Perfect Season and with the no name Defense, or Vince Lombardi, Chuck Knoll for obivious reasons.  What did Jimmy Johnson do he didnt win almost at all in his first year (only one game) almost broke even in his 2nd, and then sure his team was great for three years & then he went to miami and had some success.  Call him a good or even great HC and I'll agree but HOF?  Are you serioius?  HOF?  No way.  What about Tony Dungy?  He had Peyton Manning a guy that really makes a lot of HCs look like a pure Genius.  He's a good coach, wrote a book sure but HOF?  I don't think so.

I picked Tony Boselli hopefully he gets in he deserves it.

Jimmy Jonson and Tony Dungy did the same thing Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, and Don Shula did. They won Super Bowls. John Madden is in the HOF because he won a Super Bowl. I am not saying it is smart; that is just the way it works. The NFL wants to honor all of its Super Bowl coaches.

I wish we could vote for only Tony Boselli.
Quote:Jimmy Jonson and Tony Dungy did the same thing Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll, and Don Shula did. They won Super Bowls. John Madden is in the HOF because he won a Super Bowl. I am not saying it is smart; that is just the way it works. The NFL wants to honor all of its Super Bowl coaches.

I wish we could vote for only Tony Boselli.

Someone wins the Super Bowl every year....so there is a coach that wins every year. Just winning the game should not be the criteria to get in there.
Quote:Someone wins the Super Bowl every year....so there is a coach that wins every year. Just winning the game should not be the criteria to get in there.

I know, but wouldn't it be awesome if Tom Coughlin gets in the HOF someday just by being a 2x Super Bowl winning coach? I think many board members will be all over that when Coughlin is eligible.
Man I dont believe 15 people on that list deserve it....

Quote:Man I dont believe 15 people on that list deserve it....

That is why I wish we could vote for less than 5.