Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rashad Greene wins AFC special teams player of the week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was staunchly anti-Mallory until the past few weeks happened. I wonder if this is Greene playing well in spite of bad coaching, or coaching previously being hampered by poor personnel. Either way, I could not be more pleased with the turnaround on special teams.
A national pub honoring and recognizing someone on the Jags....blasphemy!

Congrats and great work, Rashad!

[Image: giphy-41.gif]

First Jags rookie since MJD. Good on him.
Noice!!

So... am I supposed to want Dave and Gus fired or not because of this?

Regardless! Congratulations Rashad! You earned it!

Quote:A national pub honoring and recognizing someone on the Jags....blasphemy!
NFL.com didnt even put him up there for rookie of the week
Greene is a special talent. The fact that we got him in the 5th round (we should just draft FSU players in the 5th forever) is awesome.

Quote:NFL.com didnt even put him up there for rookie of the week

Waaaaaaaaaaa
Quote:Greene is a special talent. The fact that we got him in the 5th round (we should just draft FSU players in the 5th forever) is awesome.

I'll do you one better.....Telvin Smith should have been a first rounder!
Quote:I'll do you one better.....Telvin Smith should have been a first rounder!
I agree, second round talent at the very least. Greene so far would have impressed me if he was a third rounder. He had that one bad game early in the season but the injury break seems to have done him good. It's going to get to the point were we start expecting big plays on punt returns instead of the rubbish we've been served up...
I like his role. No doubt our PR at all times, but also a reliable slot receiver in passing situations. Really like his game!
Quote:I was staunchly anti-Mallory until the past few weeks happened. I wonder if this is Greene playing well in spite of bad coaching, or coaching previously being hampered by poor personnel. Either way, I could not be more pleased with the turnaround on special teams.

I was anti-Mallory last season. With the same kicker, punter, and long snapper, we had too many blocked field goals and punts. But now that I have seen Josh Scobee suck in Pittsburgh, I realized he just started to decline last season so it is not all on Mallory. We also lacked a very good punt returner. Finally we have one.

Quote:First Jags rookie since MJD. Good on him.

First Jags rookie what?
Quote:I was anti-Mallory last season. With the same kicker, punter, and long snapper, we had too many blocked field goals and punts. But now that I have seen Josh Scobee suck in Pittsburgh, I realized he just started to decline last season so it is not all on Mallory. We also lacked a very good punt returner. Finally we have one.

First Jags rookie what?
to win an award.
Quote:to win an award.

Have you ever heard of Telvin Smith?
Quote:Have you ever heard of Telvin Smith?
nope.. Did he win won last year?
This guy is electric when he has the ball and room to run.  In his limited time he has made huge plays for this team.

Quote:nope.. Did he win won last year?
Yeah he won afc defensive player of the week during last year. He was the same award against during this year too.
Pages: 1 2