Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Defensive sack-fumbles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guess who has the most in the NFL since 2013.....

Jaguars=27

Eagles=22

Panthers=21

Colts/Chiefs=20
I think it is because the QB gets surprised by the appearance of a pass rusher
When we do get there we make it count.

Tis the work of the gods in their mysterious ways.
over and under how many of those Andre Branch has?

Quote:over and under how many of those Andre Branch has?
Quote:I think it is because the QB gets surprised by the appearance of a pass rusher

Hahahaha!!! Best post today!
Quote:Guess who has the most in the NFL since 2013.....

Jaguars=27

Eagles=22

Panthers=21

Colts/Chiefs=20

Are you sure about this? That seems like a lot and it's hard to remember the sack part much less all that action taking place
I remember last year Luck fumbled it about 20 times in one game against us and we still lost easily haha.
Quote:I remember last year Luck fumbled it about 20 times in one game against us and we still lost easily haha.
I was at that game. It was very frustrating.
Quote:I think it is because the QB gets surprised by the appearance of a pass rusher
LOL
Quote:Are you sure about this? That seems like a lot and it's hard to remember the sack part much less all that action taking place

We had a boatload of sacks last year.
Quote:Are you sure about this? That seems like a lot and it's hard to remember the sack part much less all that action taking place

Jaguars PR coordinator tweeted that out today, so I'm guessing he's right.
Quote:We had a boatload of sacks last year.

Last year we had someone named Sen'Derrick Marks. Seeing how bad our line is this year really shows us how important he is to the defense. When we get him back and Dante Fowler plays at one end, we will have a good DL again.
I honestly think this is the case. Opposing QB's never expect to get sacked while playing this team so they are a little less protective of the ball. When it does happen they must be surprised that a Jag pass rusher actually got to them.

Funny but sad.
Quote:I honestly think this is the case. Opposing QBs never expect to get sacked while playing this team so they are a little less protective of the ball. When it does happen they must be surprised that a Jag pass rusher actually got to them.

Funny but sad.

I don't think so. Quarterbacks have done it against teams with good defensive linemen too. Matt Hasselbeck was not holding the ball out there like he was daring us to make him fumble.
No we just had to send all out blitzes to create pressure
Quote:No we just had to send all out blitzes to create pressure

Blitzing obviously is not something we are good at.
Quote:Blitzing obviously is not something we are good at.

I disagree. With the exception of the second Titans game (which we had 4 sacks?) We generally get home or cause a lot of pressure on blitzes. Hell Colvin has 4 sacks alone from blitzing.