Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: America's Fallen Out of Love With These 5 Beers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

America's Fallen Out of Love With These 5 Beers

Americans still love beer—it's a $100 billion industry in the US—but there are some beers we're just not that into anymore, particularly as specialty and craft beers become more popular. 24/7 Wall St. runs down 10 beers falling out of favor with Americans:

http://www.newser.com/story/217272/ameri...ntcmp=hpdm

Good. Let all of that macro-brewed pee water fall by the wayside. Maybe it'll force the big distributors to actually brew beer instead of just adding grain alcohol and food coloring to seltzer water.

Natty, the champagne of beers, Beast!?  Say it aint so!

I guess I'm just un-American
Quote:I guess I'm just un-American

You accept inferior and overrated products because of massive marketing campaigns and some deluded sense of superiority.

Can't think of anything more 'Murican than that.
Quote:I guess I'm just un-American
There's nothing more American than crappy beer that costs $0.50 per can.

...we're trying to fix that.
The Irish government is introducing a new bill which will mean there will be a minimum price on wine,beer and spirits.

I'm fighting tooth and nail to stop it.
Leave it to the Euro guy to tell Americans what their preferences should be. How pompous.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Quote:America's Fallen Out of Love With These 5 Beers

Americans still love beer—it's a $100 billion industry in the US—but there are some beers we're just not that into anymore, particularly as specialty and craft beers become more popular. 24/7 Wall St. runs down 10 beers falling out of favor with Americans:

http://www.newser.com/story/217272/ameri...ntcmp=hpdm

That's why the Mega-Breweries are trying to legislate their way into maintaining their market share.  The lengths they go to are borderline anti-competitive.  
And nothing of value was lost.
Quote:Natty, the champagne of beers, Beast!?  Say it aint so!

Miller High Life was and is, the champagne of beers.

There's cheap beer, and then there's cheap beer that isn't bad for the value.

I consider Miller High Life, PBR, and Keystone Light among these.  There are others as cheap or cheaper, but without the taste/drinkability.
Quote:Miller High Life was and is, the champagne of beers.

There's cheap beer, and then there's cheap beer that isn't bad for the value.

I consider Miller High Life, PBR, and Keystone Light among these. There are others as cheap or cheaper, but without the taste/drinkability.

I'm a Miller High Life guy myself. I drink micro brews too, but sometimes I just want a BEER. A straight up brew without the 'hint of freshly harvested wheat accompanied by notes of flute music'.
Pabst Blue Ribbon and Natty Boh are my go to beers, They don't advertise and all the money goes in to the beer. But every now and then a Miller sure taste good.

Every Thursday a place called Bushwallers (an Irish pub) have $1.50 Natty Bohs on tap

If it wasn't for High Life and PBR, you wouldn't be gazing upon the Adonis that you see before you today.

Quote:If it wasn't for High Life and PBR, you wouldn't be gazing upon the Adonis that you see before you today.

Um...where?
Quote:Um...where?

You're too late. I left.
Quote:You're too late. I left.

Adonis. Adios. It's all the same.
Quote:Pabst Blue Ribbon and Natty Boh are my go to beers, They don't advertise and all the money goes in to the beer. But every now and then a Miller sure taste good.

Every Thursday a place called Bushwallers (an Irish pub) have $1.50 Natty Bohs on tap

There's a name that I haven't heard in a while. Last time I was there I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in 5 years and this friend is prone to drunken emotional outbursts of the uncomfortable sort...

Edit: My first beer ever was a High Life and I still parktake. I'm simple though, I'll drink whatever but my go-to beer has always been Guinness (I'm weird, I know).

Quote:There's a name that I haven't heard in a while. Last time I was there I ran into a friend I hadn't seen in 5 years and this friend is prone to drunken emotional outbursts of the uncomfortable sort...

Edit: My first beer ever was a High Life and I still parktake. I'm simple though, I'll drink whatever but my go-to beer has always been Guinness (I'm weird, I know).
The Champagne of Beers. I too like High Life and tried to carry it in my bar, bottles and draft, but it didn't sell well. Oh well........

Regards...............the Chiefjag
Quote:Every Thursday a place called Bushwallers (an Irish pub) have $1.50 Natty Bohs on tap
You're paying $1.75 too much.
Pages: 1 2 3 4