Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hey vegetarians........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lettuce is ‘three times worse than bacon' for emissions and vegetarian diets could be bad for environment
Common vegetables ‘require more resources per calorie’ than many people realise, according to a team of scientists at the prestigious Carnegie Mellon University

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/scienc...73671.html
A lot of people are vegetarians because of unnecessary cruelty to animals, not emissions or environmental reasons.

Quote:A lot of people are vegetarians because of unnecessary cruelty to animals, not emissions or environmental reasons.

Most vegans I know just do it as an expression of their moral superiority.
If they find something wrong with tomatoes, BLT lovers are hosed.

Quote:If they find something wrong with tomatoes, BLT lovers are hosed.
Environment? We don't need no stinkin' environment. MORE DEAD PIGS!
Quote:A lot of people are vegetarians because of unnecessary cruelty to animals, not emissions or environmental reasons.

I think most people become vegetarians for health reasons.   Personally, I am trying to cut way down on red meat.   Which is difficult, because the other day I had a really great burger from M Shack.  Man that was a big old sloppy juicy medium rare burger that was soooo good.   With cheese.  Not sure what the sauce was, but it was really tasty.  M Shack.  Corner of Post and Margaret Streets in 5 Points.  
Quote:I think most people become vegetarians for health reasons.   Personally, I am trying to cut way down on red meat.   Which is difficult, because the other day I had a really great burger from M Shack.  Man that was a big old sloppy juicy medium rare burger that was soooo good.   With cheese.  Not sure what the sauce was, but it was really tasty.  M Shack.  Corner of Post and Margaret Streets in 5 Points.  
Everyone I know who's tried to become a vegetarian/vegan for "health reasons" has failed miserably. Everyone I know who's done it for moral reasons has succeeded. Take that as you will.
Quote:Everyone I know who's tried to become a vegetarian/vegan for "health reasons" has failed miserably. Everyone I know who's done it for moral reasons has succeeded. Take that as you will.

Zealots can accomplish anything.  :thumbsup:
And they're destroying the environment.........

Eat More Bacon!

Anything farmed "open ground" will be hard on the environment. Lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots etc.

The machinery is gigantic in that type of farming.