Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas Odds Falcons @ Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting odds this week.  The Jaguars are at -3 and playing at home so Vegas sees this as yet another "pick 'em" game.  Over/Under is right at 48.5.

Here is the thing.  Both teams are fighting for a playoff spot, yet both teams are going in different directions.

The Falcons (6-7)
for a while were one of the few undefeated teams at 5-0, but then dropped a game to the Saints in week 6.  They are now on a huge 6 game losing streak with their last win on week 7 (10-7) over the Titans.  Their only chance at a playoff berth is securing a wildcard spot since the Panthers have already clinched their division.

The Jaguars (5-8)
on the other hand are one point out of the division lead and a HUGE long shot at securing a wildcard spot.  However, with a win they will be in a tie for the division lead a tie for second place in the division 1 game behind the division leader with 2 games to play depending on the outcome of the Colts vs. Texans game this week.  Over the last 6 games they are 3-3.

In other words, the winner of this game keeps their playoff chances alive while the loser will be pretty much eliminated from contention.
How would we be in a tie, when we have 5 wins, and the colts and texans have 6 atm....

I'm not gonna lie... this game makes me really nervous...

A lot of things could lead us to laying an egg this Sunday...

Vegas is smart putting the line at three. It's time for the jaguars to start showing the world we are for real.

This may be this first game in a long time that I'm gonna be actually nervous about...
Quote:How would we be in a tie, when we have 5 wins, and the colts and texans have 6 atm....

Yeah since the tinhorns and clots play each other there's no way for the jags to tie

even if their game ends in a tie, both their win percentages would be at .464 while the jags would be at .428
I'm taking the Jags and the Over again.......

Bortles is really progressing........

I like what I've been seeing.........

Quote:How would we be in a tie, when we have 5 wins, and the colts and texans have 6 atm....
Quote:Yeah since the tinhorns and clots play each other there's no way for the jags to tie

even if their game ends in a tie, both their win percentages would be at .464 while the jags would be at .428

Good catch, I edited my initial post.  We would actually be in a tie for second place one game back.
So wait. Tacks play both the Colts and Texans. Wed have to win against Falcons, beat Texans and hope the Titans beat the Winner of the Texans Colts game. Playoff shots looking slimmer and slimmer.
Quote:So wait. Tacks play both the Colts and Texans. Wed have to win against Falcons, beat Texans and hope the Titans beat the Winner of the Texans Colts game. Playoff shots looking slimmer and slimmer.

Ya, because the divisional games are all bunched together to close out the season.  Sucks.

If only Myers...
Quote:So wait. Tacks play both the Colts and Texans. Wed have to win against Falcons, beat Texans and hope the Titans beat the Winner of the Texans Colts game. Playoff shots looking slimmer and slimmer.

There's still a chance. The tin horns may be without Hoyer, and the clots have a banged up 40 year old...

They could both lose to the tacks...
The Jaguars' chances at a playoff berth hinge on the last 3 remaining games of the season and could come down to the last game vs. the Texans.  Hmm... I wonder what the chances are?  Late December games, the Jaguars are still relevant....

The bottom line is, the Jaguars HAVE to win the next three games in order to make the playoffs.  I personally think that it's unlikely, but stranger things have happened in the past.

Quote:I'm not gonna lie... this game makes me really nervous...

A lot of things could lead us to laying an egg this Sunday...

Vegas is smart putting the line at three. It's time for the jaguars to start showing the world we are for real.

This may be this first game in a long time that I'm gonna be actually nervous about...

Nah, you are a Jag's fan which means every game makes you nervous during this current period.
Jags are favored. Which means they'll lose. 27-23 Falcons. Jags don't cover the spread and I'll take over on points.
On paper, it seems like the Jags should take this one.  The offense is on a tear and the defense played really well last week, but we just don't know with this team.  It could easily go either way.

I suppose that's why I love the NFL. you just never know...

I have the Jaguars winning 33-27.

Virtually everywhere still has the Jaguars at -3... I can only find one site where they're only favored by 2 1/2 points.