Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wounded Warrior Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We should all consider the price that is paid for our freedom, and our country.

Many people come back home alive but injured, and the hardship of not having the capital to help their familes out.

During these holidays if you have the extra funds you might want to consider donating to this worthy cause.

Absolutely.  I haven't been able to participate the last few years, but there is usually a bass fishing tournament sponsored by one of the local bass clubs that pairs a veteran (some wounded and some not) with a boat owner for a fun tournament.  I had the opportunity to spend a day fishing with a few of my fellow veterans and give them a fun and exciting experience.

The Wounded Warrior Project is near and dear to me.

Here here. Something we can all agree on. If you have the means, give a little.
We usually donate to the Fisher House Foundation.  We aren't able to donate this year because I lost my job.  Hopefully next year we'll be able to.  

Quote:We usually donate to the Fisher House Foundation.  We aren't able to donate this year because I lost my job.  Hopefully next year we'll be able to.  

I hate to hear that from anyone.  I got laid off a couple of years ago, and at my age it's a pretty scary experience.  Also, this time of year is a bad time to be looking for employment, but after the New Year it should hopefully get better for you.  Good luck.
Quote:I hate to hear that from anyone.  I got laid off a couple of years ago, and at my age it's a pretty scary experience.  Also, this time of year is a bad time to be looking for employment, but after the New Year it should hopefully get better for you.  Good luck.

Thanks.  It was terrifying losing my job, especially having kids to support and a house to pay off.  I hadn't had a job interview in... 15 years (though I got plenty of experience on the other side of things).  I can only blame myself for not heeding the signs that it wasn't going to last and should have started looking for work earlier.  But I really liked my job, since it let me spend plenty of time with my kids.  I'm lucky to have already found work, though it doesn't start until the new year.   I'm not sure how long it'll last, but I'm hoping to be able to put some money away so I can go back to college someday, though I'd rather put that money toward my kids college tuition.  

So if things work out, we should be able to donate next year.  The best we were able to do this year was when my wife won a contest, and got to pick a charity for donations to go to at work.  (She chose Fisher House).
I would say when God closes one door another one is meant for you to open.  Congrats on the new job!
Wounded Warrior Project is a joke. Only a small portion of its donations are provided to military. Before you bash me for saying that, research it.

My grandfather brought me to light about it because he is a lifetime Air Force you piloted many tours in the Korean War and Vietnam. He spent most of his life serving the country.

If you really want to contribute, look up Americans Helping Wounded Veterans.
Quote:Wounded Warrior Project is a joke. Only a small portion of its donations are provided to military. Before you bash me for saying that, research it.

My grandfather brought me to light about it because he is a lifetime Air Force you piloted many tours in the Korean War and Vietnam. He spent most of his life serving the country.

If you really want to contribute, look up Americans Helping Wounded Veterans.

I would echo your sentiment here. I work for a company that promoted employees doing volunteer work. I tried to set us up to volunteer with WWP and they said we couldn't volunteer until we donated $10,000......