Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Andre Johnson Swaps Jerseys With Hurns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/676229870385516545

Just saw this on Twitter. Classy move by Andre.

Everything about Hurns works for me

I just can't stop smiling when I see him, hear him, watch him play...
Didn't Hurns break Andre Johnson's UM receiving record?

EDIT: He did pass Andre, but did not set the UM record.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleg...58049.html
These wideouts are getting one hell of a trophy room going.
Good stuff

This reminds me another poster started a thread after the Jets game about Darrelle Revis giving Allen Robinson his jersey. Opponents are respecting us more than the media does.

I guarantee as soon as he is allowed to, Dave Caldwell will exercise the fifth year option for #88.

Quote:This reminds me another poster started a thread after the Jets game about Darrelle Revis giving Allen Robinson his jersey. Opponents are respecting us more than the media does.

I guarantee as soon as he is allowed to, Dave Caldwell will exercise the fifth year option for #88.
You should ask Google for your money back. Undrafted free agents don't get a fifth-year option. That's a first round thing.
Quote:This reminds me another poster started a thread after the Jets game about Darrelle Revis giving Allen Robinson his jersey. Opponents are respecting us more than the media does.

5th year option is for first rounders. UDFA's are on a 3 year deal usually I think. If he stays healthy he'll get paid. Let's hope he stays as productive after his first big payday. It's funny what money can do to a person's drive.
Quote:You should ask Google for your money back. Undrafted free agents don't get a fifth-year option. That's a first round thing.

Gotta get to 4 first, or close to it Wink
Quote:5th year option is for first rounders. UDFAs are on a 3 year deal usually I think. If he stays healthy he'll get paid. Let's hope he stays as productive after his first big payday. It's funny what money can do to a person's drive.

If he stays healthy? Nonsense. Allen Hurns has been injured all season but only missed one game. He also got hurt last year and did not miss any games. It is all about production.

Quote:Gotta get to 4 first, or close to it.

That is why I said "as soon as he is allowed to."
Quote:That is why I said "as soon as he is allowed to."
So he'll never give him a fifth-year option, then. Google it, J-Dub. There is no fifth-year option for undrafted free agents. They sign three-year deals, then are exposed to restricted free agency before year four and, finally, hit unrestricted free agency before year five. Only first-round picks get fifth-year options on their rookie contract.
Quote:5th year option is for first rounders. UDFA's are on a 3 year deal usually I think. If he stays healthy he'll get paid. Let's hope he stays as productive after his first big payday. It's funny what money can do to a person's drive.

Correct. UDFA's get 3 year contracts and become restricted free agents at the end of the 3rd year. It's feasibly possible we can have Hurns for minimum amounts for up to 4 years, although I expect him to get rewarded with a nice contract in 3 years if he continues his current pace.
Quote:Correct. UDFAs get 3 year contracts and become restricted free agents at the end of the 3rd year. It's feasibly possible we can have Hurns for minimum amounts for up to 4 years, although I expect him to get rewarded with a nice contract in 3 years if he continues his current pace.

He should definitely get paid after 3 years.
Hurns looks like a 12 year old.

A really freaking good 12 year old WR.

And Rashad Greene looks 17.  It's insane, what ball has become, and what they can do...
The U
Almost forgot that Andre Johnson was on the clots.

If these guys can all stay healthy throughout their careers, our offense has potential to ddominate. Its quite refreshing
Quote:If these guys can all stay healthy throughout their careers, our offense has potential to dominate. It's quite refreshing

There is no such thing as a football player staying healthy throughout his career. They all get banged up.
Hurns is like a better Blackmon
Pages: 1 2