Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: AFCS Free Agency Wrapup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A place to keep track of FA moves in the division

Jax:

Signed:

Albert

Campbell

Bouye

Church

McCray

Re-signed Walters and Omameh

Houston:

Unloaded Brock lol

Lost Bouye

Re-signed Novak and Lechler

Tennessee:

Missed on Bouye to Jax

Signed Cyp lol

Signed Trawick

Re-Signed Klug and Palmer

Signed Logan Ryan

Indy:

Traded Dwayne Allen

Signed Barkevious Mingo

Signed Jeff Locke

I'm sure I missed a few. Feel free to update.
Tenn just picked up Logan Ryan.
Quote:Tenn just picked up Logan Ryan.

Not surprising considering the need for Tennessee and their G.M. Jon Robinson having roots in the New England organization.
Quote:Tenn just picked up Logan Ryan.

Updated. If his poor play on the outside is to be believed, let's line Lee up on him!
I think Indy missed on Jeffrey, and signed Simon.

Thus far, their moves aren't making much sense to me.

I mean, if you're gonna add things like lost Bouye and missed out on Bouye it's probably at least fair to say lost Amukamara, lost Cyprien, and lost Beachum. 

Quote:I mean, if you're gonna add things like lost Bouye and missed out on Bouye it's probably at least fair to say lost Amukamara, lost Cyprien, and lost Beachum.

Sure, but I was mainly just doing that as a dig on our division rivals
Quote:I mean, if you're gonna add things like lost Bouye and missed out on Bouye it's probably at least fair to say lost Amukamara, lost Cyprien, and lost Beachum. 
But these are additions by subtraction.
Beachum signed for 3 years 24m 12 guaranteed. I didn't think he would command that much.
Question:  which of our division rivals do the Jaguars' additions hurt the most?
Quote:Question:  which of our division rivals do the Jaguars' additions hurt the most?

Hard to say. Having Cyp go to tenessee definitely hurts them in a way none of the other members of the AFCS were hurt.
Quote:Question: which of our division rivals do the Jaguars' additions hurt the most?

I'd say Houston because we stole a great corner​from them, they didn't replace him, and our DL is starting to (on paper) have the ability to be the second best in the division.

At the same time, on paper again, I'd say we have the best secondary in the division which spells trouble for the Titans (poor deep threat) and Colts (turnover prone Luck)

We screwed them all equally!
Unless Houston signs Romo
Bouye is not a GREAT corner.  LOL.   If he was GREAT, the Texans would have Franchised him then signed him to a long term deal.   A guy that had a great year because other corners got hurt.  Get ready for the Pass Interference calls........because he is handsy.

Quote:Bouye is not a GREAT corner. LOL. If he was GREAT, the Texans would have Franchised him then signed him to a long term deal. A guy that had a great year because other corners got hurt. Get ready for the Pass Interference calls........because he is handsy.

Lol they offered him over 12 million a year to stay.
Quote:Beachum signed for 3 years 24m 12 guaranteed. I didn't think he would command that much.

Puts that 4 year 40 million dollar option that a lot of us were whining about the Jags not picking up into perspective, doesn't it?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ion-rising

nice little article about the afcs.

after reading the article.

I think the Titans and Jaguars are the leaders for division winners. Reason, both are young and trying to improve. Colts will come in third because on Luck and the pass happy league. Texans in last because no QB and no impact additions, just all lost.