Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is Gus Bradley able to redeem himself this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I thought about posting this this morning but I was busy tailgating at the stadium. This question goes out mostly to those who were done with Gus at some point this season. Can he redeem himself in your eyes if he wins out or wins 2 of the next 3?
If we get lucky in those wins and gus still makes critical mistakes then no.
He is coming back next season anyways, this win and more will only solidify the outcome.
Quote:He is coming back next season anyways, this win and more will only solidify the outcome.

It looks to be about 70% at the moment that he comes back.  

As for redeeming himself, the last 3 games I think are huge for the psyche of this team going into 2016.  If we stumble with 3 losses at the end, I don't think he's redeemed and I'm pretty much gonna be a debbie downer for a while.

I'm interested in seeing how we play these last games.  Go Jags!!
If he continues making significant coaching decisions like today, I'm willing to back off the venom
I think maybe he's back no matter what happens the next 3 games. I believe they'll give him the benefit of the doubt with another years experience with these young players and also to keep continuity with the offense.
If we win out, Khan will keep him. Anything else makes me think he will be gone. Hes made way too many mistakes and has been out coached almost every game since he arrived.
He could if he continued to coach well and the team performs well.  He made some really good coaching calls today that impressed me.  He has had too many tankers lately but he has 3 more games left to show this team is heading to a winning path.

To clarify, I fully expect Gus to be back next year (based on khan's comments). I'm not asking if you think Khan will fire him or not though. I'm asking if YOU think he should be retained if he closes out strong. (i.e. He wins 2 or more of the next 3).
No. Hopefully not in khan's either.
If we go 7-9, 8-8 i'd be ok with Bradley coming back. Just like players coaches can grow and become better too so hopefully that's the case.

Quote:I think maybe he's back no matter what happens the next 3 games. I believe they'll give him the benefit of the doubt with another years experience with these young players and also to keep continuity with the offense.
yup unless we just get blowed out the last 3 games, he is def back

The team has been in every game but 1 this year, its a young team on offense and defense needs more players we have the money, the guy deserves a shot with a good team thats expected to win
Quote:I think maybe he's back no matter what happens the next 3 games. I believe they'll give him the benefit of the doubt with another years experience with these young players and also to keep continuity with the offense.
Mr Khan has said as long as he can see improvement he will be patient...There has been improvement, but how much Mr. Khan wants to see is unknown, but I also believe that Gus will be back next year...This team is breaking franchise records this year, and they never give up...That in itself is worthy of one more year for Gus, not to mention breaking franchise records is certainly a clear indication of improvement... 

Quote:To clarify, I fully expect Gus to be back next year (based on khan's comments). I'm not asking if you think Khan will fire him or not though. I'm asking if YOU think he should be retained if he closes out strong. (i.e. He wins 2 or more of the next 3).

In my mind, I think he has a lot to prove.  But, this game does not need to be an aberration.  I mean, you blitz when you don't get pressure with 4.  I feel like today we blitzed when we needed to.  Of course, this team is the clots, and man, they stink on ice.

But it's time for Gus to take the kid gloves off this team.  He's gotta get hard nosed on these guys.  I'd love to hear that at half time he laid into them and told them they needed to man up.

We're better than that team by alot.  I'm glad we came out and proved it.

Now for the next 3 games,  think we match up well with Atlanta and the tinhorns.

The only game I think is a tough win would be the Saints, just because I still don't trust this defense.

If we win all 3, I think I might be quick to change my mind on the whole fire Gus thing.
Quote:If we win out, Khan will keep him. Anything else makes me think he will be gone. Hes made way too many mistakes and has been out coached almost every game since he arrived.

The separation of reality and your thoughts are staggering. Take away your agenda then just watch. You'd be surprised how much more right you'll be. We can lose out and bradley will still be here based on what Khan and Caldwell have said. As well as how hard the players are fighting. You'd have to be an idiot to not realize the importance of not screwing with the man behind center. People don't realize just how close we are to having a championship level QB. Bradley is of little consequence. 
The only opinion that matters is Khan's and he has already said he likes the direction the team is going under Gus. A win like today just solidifies that opinion.

Barring some off the field issue, Gus will  be coming back next year. You might as well get used to the idea.

If we make it to 6 wins it's a good year imo. Build up the defense through the draft and free agency andsolidify the line  (it needs less than we think - Linder, Cann and Parnell are legit. Joeckel is getting better but is still far from great).

We've got a QB, 3/4WR's, 2RB's, a TE already in place. That's huge.

Quote:If we make it to 6 wins it's a good year imo. Build up the defense through the draft and free agency andsolidify the line  (it needs less than we think - Linder, Cann and Parnell are legit. Joeckel is getting better but is still far from great).

We've got a QB, 3/4WR's, 2RB's, a TE already in place. That's huge.

Joeckel is good for one QB grounding per game. After that, He plays fine. Not sure what the deal is with that but he seems to get beat bad once and only once every game. Im...ok with that...for now. Hes getting better overall. Im warming up to the idea of a new center and just simply more depth/jars on the shelf. 
If the team makes it to 7-9 or 8-8 then he will be back. That was pretty much the expectation for this season.

Quote:It looks to be about 70% at the moment that he comes back.  

As for redeeming himself, the last 3 games I think are huge for the psyche of this team going into 2016.  If we stumble with 3 losses at the end, I don't think he's redeemed and I'm pretty much gonna be a debbie downer for a while.

I'm interested in seeing how we play these last games.  Go Jags!!
They have so much momentum going after today's full team beat down, I really hope they come right out in a complete kill mode next week. Atlanta's Defense is bad, bad, bad and our Offense should be able to smoke them all day long. We really need to come out and put our foot on their throats, from the very beginning. Lets keep this rolling.
Pages: 1 2 3