Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jaguars Have Been Downright Offensive - MMQ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
That thread hits on something I've been thinking alot about. Just how much better is Blake looking with Robinson catching so many contested up for grabs balls? Is it inflating what we perceive as major progress by Bortles when in fact its simply Robinson emerging as one of the top 10 WR's in the league? Does it even matter considering so many other 20+ yd passing plays have happened with other receivers?

Just some good deep thought. Either way, Im shocked as to how much this offense has improved and just how much of a threat these two are posing. 

He good
Blake Beast
BBINT imo right ThunderBunz?
Nice article, now if the Jags could get the defense to become less offensive while they are out on the field.

Nice article...   I like this part

"What I don’t understand, however, is how the Rams’ Todd Gurley continues to gets so much air time while the Jaguars’ T.J. Yeldon—a second-rounder who I think has been a slightly better all-round back—seems to be a mere afterthought at times.  
<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">Yeldon has only 19 fewer yards from scrimmage than Gurley. He’s broken or avoided 40 tackles (Gurley has 30) and has never fumbled (Gurley has twice)."
</span>

perspective is nice

I asked Santa for both a good defense and offense next year. You know, both in the same season. He said he'd look into it but wasn't promising anything.
Quote:Nice article... I like this part

"What I don’t understand, however, is how the Rams’ Todd Gurley continues to gets so much air time while the Jaguars’ T.J. Yeldon—a second-rounder who I think has been a slightly better all-round back—seems to be a mere afterthought at times.
<span style="color:rgb(0,0,0);">Yeldon has only 19 fewer yards from scrimmage than Gurley. He’s broken or avoided 40 tackles (Gurley has 30) and has never fumbled (Gurley has twice)."
</span>

perspective is nice
Any sentence with "Yeldon" being " slightly better " than Gurley at anything, should be immediately discredited.
Quote:Any sentence with "Yeldon" being " slightly better " than Gurley at anything, should be immediately discredited.

I'm not sure why you would want to discredit that. It has merit, it has stats to back it up.

Gurley gets the spotlight, but I expect he and yeldon to have similar seasons next year as well.
Quote:That thread hits on something I've been thinking alot about. Just how much better is Blake looking with Robinson catching so many contested up for grabs balls? Is it inflating what we perceive as major progress by Bortles when in fact its simply Robinson emerging as one of the top 10 WR's in the league? Does it even matter considering so many other 20+ yd passing plays have happened with other receivers?

Just some good deep thought. Either way, Im shocked as to how much this offense has improved and just how much of a threat these two are posing. 

That's definitely helped, but keep in mind that last year, we were pretty much saying the exact opposite. I don't remember Blake being able to throw the ball up to anyone last year. Blake has taken a big step, and ARob has taken a colossal one. I'll take that.
The QB and WR relationship is the foundation of sight adjustments and winning match ups.  This isn't just winging it to a spot and the WR bailing him out.  Does that happen?  Sure but they have the relationship to make it work.  It is very enjoyable to watch when it seemed like Justin Blackmon had that potential and it was taken away by off field issues.  Good to see character working out.

Quote:I'm not sure why you would want to discredit that. It has merit, it has stats to back it up.

Gurley gets the spotlight, but I expect he and yeldon to have similar seasons next year as well.

Yeldon isn't going to break huge plays. I think it makes his production less memorable. But in the end, yards are yards
Quote:That thread hits on something I've been thinking alot about. Just how much better is Blake looking with Robinson catching so many contested up for grabs balls? Is it inflating what we perceive as major progress by Bortles when in fact its simply Robinson emerging as one of the top 10 WR's in the league? Does it even matter considering so many other 20+ yd passing plays have happened with other receivers?

I get what your saying and Robinson has bailed out Bortles a few times but that's just what good receivers do quarterbacks. Watch all the Raiders games and I bet Cooper has bailed out Carr on many occasions, Johnson for Stafford, Moss for Brady, Bryant for Romo, and so on.. Good Quarterbacks throw it to where their receiver can go get it and it just so happens one of Robinson's best assets is to climb up the ladder and get the ball. I do believe Bortles could still be much more accurate but I think that will come in time. I am excited to see how an improved online next season improves the running game and takes some of the pressure off the passing game.
Quote:Nice article...   I like this part

</span>

perspective is nice

Oh man...  Why did we have to speak of Yeldon like this?  A jinx has been thrown into the ether...

[Image: 200.gif]
Quote:Any sentence with "Yeldon" being " slightly better " than Gurley at anything, should be immediately discredited.

Well yeah...how dumb...since the stats back it up and all.
Quote:Well yeah...how dumb...since the stats back it up and all.

If 200 yards less and 4 TDs less are stats backing it up.
If y'all can't tell the difference between TJ Yeldon and Todd Gurley, then I can't help you.

" oh but the stats!" Me and Marcedes Lewis had the same amount of touchdowns in 2008.

Lol this is hilarious.
Cue Rico.

"I don't even know what that means."
Quote:If 200 yards less and 4 TDs less are stats backing it up.

That and Gurley didn't play in the first two games at all and only had 6 carries in week 3.  He essentially missed the first 3 weeks of the season.  He is still 5th in the league in rushing yards without playing in those games.

He had a hot start but he (and the whole team) has fizzled for the past 5 weeks.  They started 4-3 and have lost their last 5 games.  That team is a mess.
Pages: 1 2