Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 14 Inactives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here we go again...

JAGUARS INACTIVES

MLB Paul Posluszny

DE Ryan Davis

WR Bryan Walters

TE Nic Jacobs

C Luke Bowanko

LB Joplo Bartu

WR Rashard Lawrence

Poz is the only player we know for sure is out, although I suspect all three questionable players will miss the game as well. Listening to Gus it doesn't sound like any of them are seriously injured, however, it's clear that Chris Smith will play so it makes sense that they'll want to rest Ryan Davis' knee this week especially considering he did not practice at all this past week. Walters likewise did not practice at all this week, although he was in a similar situation the past couple weeks and still played. That said, Hurns was out last week which made it more necessary for Walters to go, and with Hurns back I can see them finally actually resting Walters so his not practicing doesn't continue all season. Nic Jacobs practiced on a limited basis throughout the week and probably could play if he had to, but as the TEs are already under-utilized in the offense and with him being 4th string, I see them resting Nic's hamstring this week.

This leaves three healthy scratches. Luke Bowanko is mostly likely yet again the healthy scratch on the OL, however, since RT Jermey Parnell is a little gimpy with a knee injury this week it's possible that Tyler Shatley might sit instead. Nick Marshall is probably a scratch if Walters does play just like last week, but if Walters does not play than I think they'll want Marshall active. I imagine the final two healthy scratches will be the two newest roster additions, Bartue and Lawrence, as they continue to get more acclimated to the roster. Assuming Walters and Lawrence are sitting, the WRs for this game would be ARob, Hurns, Greene, Lee and Sterling which is plenty.

COLTS INACTIVES

QB Andrew Luck

LT Anthony Castonzo

ILB Jerrell Freeman

OLB Daniel Adongo

OLB Erik Walden

C/G Khaled Holmes

S Colt Anderson

Luck, Castonzo, Freeman and Adongo are declared out with Walden doubtful. Of these Adongo is their only non-starter so these are some big injuries. Backup SS Colt Anderson, starting ILB D'Qwell Jackson, starting LCB Greg Tolar and backup C Khaled Holmes are all listed as gameday decisions listed as questionable. I'm thinking they'll want Jackson or Tolar to be active. Holmes, with a Fibula, and Anderson, with and ankle, did not practice at all this past week while Tolar, with a knee, and Jackson, with a quad, both at least had some limited participation during the week. Of the four, Tolar is the most likely to be active, although I'd expect actual game action for both Jackson and Tolar to be limited.

That sucks about Bryan Walters. I hope he plays.

If you mean fibula fracture, Khaled is definitely out. Teams often put guys with that injury on IR because it can break again. He has been out for weeks.

I hope Hurns is back to playing full strength as he was before he went out. He had a really good game against the Colts last time.
Quote:I hope Hurns is back to playing full strength as he was before he went out. He had a really good game against the Colts last time.

Allen Hurns never lost any strength, just his memory of the Chargers game. He will be fine.

Man that was an awesome first half for him - 10 catches for 100+ yards.
Quote:Allen Hurns never lost any strength, just his memory of the Chargers game. He will be fine.

Man that was an awesome first half for him - 10 catches for 100+ yards.

It's not just strength...it's also concentration.

So I missed one on the Jaguars. McCray is inactive instead of Joplo Bartu.

For the Colts, Walden, Holmes and Anderson are all surprisingly active. They actually have only 5 inactives meaning they only have 51 players on their active roster. Their fifth inactive is Winston Guy.