Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Now Ben Carson is threatening to leave the party
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ben-car...=afterbell

"He suggested in a statement Friday that he would consider an independent bid, following <a class="" href='https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-preparing-for-contested-convention/2015/12/10/d72574bc-9f73-11e5-8728-1af6af208198_story.html?postshare=5821449782081267&tid=ss_tw'>a Washington Post story about Republican leaders preparing for the possibility of a brokered convention</a>. The story said several Republican power brokers argued that if Trump storms through the primaries, the GOP establishment must lay groundwork for a convention-floor fight in which the party’s mainstream wing could rally around an alternative."

The Republican nominating process is looking more and more like a total disaster. 

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ben-carson-threatens-to-bolt-republican-party-2015-12-11?dist=afterbell'>http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ben-carson-threatens-to-bolt-republican-party-2015-12-11?dist=afterbell</a>

"He suggested in a statement Friday that he would consider an independent bid, following <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/gop-preparing-for-contested-convention/2015/12/10/d72574bc-9f73-11e5-8728-1af6af208198_story.html?postshare=5821449782081267&tid=ss_tw'>a Washington Post story about Republican leaders preparing for the possibility of a brokered convention</a>. The story said several Republican power brokers argued that if Trump storms through the primaries, the GOP establishment must lay groundwork for a convention-floor fight in which the party’s mainstream wing could rally around an alternative."

The Republican nominating process is looking more and more like a total disaster.

He's not wrong in what the GOB brass appears to be doing. Might be the only time I'll agree with that nutjob on something he says.

The same brass wanting to push him out created the climate in their party that has allowed him to rise to the top.
If the GOP goes against the will of the voters, the GOP is Finished...........

The mainstream GOP is getting exactly what they want.
Lol.
The gop reminds me of the jaguars they can't win even when the opposition wants to give them the election. Sigh now we gotta try and survive Hilary for another 8 years...
Quote:The gop reminds me of the jaguars they can't win even when the opposition wants to give them the election. Sigh now we gotta try and survive Hilary for another 8 years...

They have been doing very well at the state level. Not AS well congressionally but still very well. Some of that is just the local populace, some of that is well thought out policy some is pandering and some is straight up gerrymandering. Regardless the GOP has been anything but comparable to the jags.
Quote:If the GOP goes against the will of the voters, the GOP is Finished...........

Only Democrats can survive that.  They have a large enough base whose depth of thought in the process is looking for the D by the name.

Carson has been Democrat, independent, and recently Republican.

The labels do not matter, it's what the candidates stand for (or not.)  It's about who a person is at the core.

There's no candidate that will reflect 100% yourself.  Everyone is unique in themselves, their attitudes, and world view.

At least, I hope so.  There is however, more diversity on one side than the other this year.  MUCH more.  The other side, there's not much that separates the radical left.  It's as if they've taken recent elections as license to go over the top, and then go even farther (as if it's some kind of "new normal.")

In reality, it's simply abuse of power.  Political bullying, with the citizens being the victims.

Quote:The gop reminds me of the jaguars they can't win even when the opposition wants to give them the election. Sigh now we gotta try and survive Hilary for another 8 years...
Hillary > Trump or Carson. It really saddens me that I have to write that. Cruz > Hillary, btw

Quote:At least, I hope so.  There is however, more diversity on one side than the other this year.  MUCH more.  The other side, there's not much that separates the radical left.  It's as if they've taken recent elections as license to go over the top, and then go even farther (as if it's some kind of "new normal.")

In reality, it's simply abuse of power.  Political bullying, with the citizens being the victims.
I've been saying "third party" for a while now, but the notion of a third party being spearheaded by Trump terrifies me.
I'm still voting for Carson even if he runs as an Independent.

Quote:I'm still voting for Carson even if he runs as an Independent.
The GOP thanks you for your cooperation.
I hate to be the only one to point out that this is a non-story...  but this is a complete non-story.  

This was a question about the RNC brokering a convention to circumvent Trumps candidacy.  

1.) As it stands now there would be nothing to broker.  This isn't a situation where you have someone leading in 3 out of 5 polls by 5 points leading into Iowa.  This is 10-20 points depending on the poll in every poll.  If he comes to the floor with 75% of the delegates there would be nothing to broker.  

2.) Ofcourse this would be suicide for the party and that's all Ben Carson said.  If Donald Trump continued his lead and actually won the majority of the primaries, then there's no way that his hardcore supporters would show up to the polls for the GOP puppet nominee. 

3.) There's really no one for the GOP establishment to get behind.  When you look at the polls, it would be one thing if you had trump at 35 Bush at 27 Rubio at 12 and Kasich at 9.  That would mean that there was a significant portion of the electorate that was open to supporting a more establishment candidate and that all the GOP big wigs had to do was consolidate the support.  

Right now you have Trump at 35 and CRUZ at 16 with Carson still pulling in around 8 and Fiorina around 4.  That means that in actuallity about 60-65% of the Primary voters are supporting insurgent candidates and Trump is pulling in over half of hat support.  There isn't a path for the establishment to Bring Jeb out of the single digit doldrums even if they wanted to.   

Quote:Only Democrats can survive that.  They have a large enough base whose depth of thought in the process is looking for the D by the name.

Are you saying the strong support for Trump is the result of deep thought?
Quote:Are you saying the strong support for Trump is the result of deep thought?

lol ... and is he saying there is a range of thought among Republican candidates? 
If he goes independent, I'd vote him, not necessarily because I care about his rhetoric, but because I refuse to vote either party. 

Quote:If he goes independent, I'd vote him, not necessarily because I care about his rhetoric, but because I refuse to vote either party.
Hillary thanks you for your support.
Quote:Hillary thanks you for your support.

Any universe where that woman is POTUS is not one I want to contemplate. Like ever.
Quote:Any universe where that woman is POTUS is not one I want to contemplate. Like ever.
Then you'd better hope that when Carson goes down in flames, he doesn't drag his supporters to that third-party hell with him.
Thats not what he said...
Quote:If the GOP goes against the will of the voters, the GOP is Finished...........
Fixed
Pages: 1 2