Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tracking Yeldon vs. Bell's rookie season through 11 starts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bell is the running back Yeldon is most frequently compared to and as Bell also just so happens to be arguably the best running back in the league, I think there is merit in comparing Yeldon now to where Bell was at the same points in his career stat wise.

Bell: 198att, 646yds, 3.3ypa, 6 rush TDs, 43rec, 388yds, 9.0ypc, 0rec TDs

Yeldon: 171att, 678yds, 4.0ypa, 2 rush TDs, 35rec, 278yds, 7.9ypc, 1rec TDs

Bell only played 13 games. At first glance you might think he has a pretty significant advantage in the passing game but in his last two games he only had 2 receptions combined. He had 66 targets throughout the entire year, so I think it's fair to estrapolate a bit and assume his target rate in those last two games wasn't greater than 3. Yeldon has had only 40 targets in the passing game this year. Let's assume Bell was targeted 5 times in both his last two games, that would still bring his target total to 56 through 11 games versus Yeldon's 40. Had Yeldon been targeted more he may have similar numbers to Bell in that category as well.

Yeldon has done a great job as the feature back considering he's a rookie. He hasn't had the luxury of sitting behind a great like MJD did in his rookie year either.

Many seem to be writing Yeldon off already, I'm not sure why. Our O line is below average, the guy is explosive I think next year he had a breakout year.
Saw this on twitter.Yeldon is in the middle of 2 high 1st rounders.

Most scrimmage yards (2015 @NFL rookies):

1. Todd Gurley (@Rams) - 978

2. @T_Yeldon (@Jaguars) - 956

3. Amari Cooper (@RAIDERS) - 917
Yeldon is a good player. I look forward to seeing him grow
He's no Gurley but I don't see why he is criticized so much on this board.
I remember wanting Telvin Coleman and Jay Ajayi in the second round this year, but I've been pleasantly surprised with Yeldon this year, even behind our poor offensive line.

Yeldon should have had more red zone attempts. Slowby, alualu, etc shouldn't have been first over yeldon.
Yeldon is a beast
I like Yeldon a lot. He seems tough and he's fought for a lot of yards this season. He's already made a few people look silly in space also. I think the only thing he lacks is breakaway speed.
Yeldon is a hell of a blocker on passing downs and gets more than he should behind our crap run blocking. Enough said.
I'm excited to see Yeldon have a breakout game. I think what your seeing right now is his floor which is still pretty good. Wait till next year and I think this kid tears it up. This who offense is just loaded with so much potential it's scary.

Quote:I like Yeldon a lot. He seems tough and he's fought for a lot of yards this season. He's already made a few people look silly in space also. I think the only thing he lacks is breakaway speed.
Speed also counts on angle taken.  But straight line no.
One of the annoucers descibed a Yeldon run as slithering for extra yardage and I thought that it perfectly describes his style after contact. He just seems to sneak through tackles.
Quote:One of the annoucers descibed a Yeldon run as slithering for extra yardage and I thought that it perfectly describes his style after contact. He just seems to sneak through tackles.

In that way he reminds me of Freddy, shake and bake baby!
Quote:In that way he reminds me of Freddy, shake and bake baby!

Just not the speed and acceleration.  Kid has really nice footwork.  Heck if he was running behind the lines we had for MJD he would be ahead of Gurley.
Dummies were crapping all over Yeldon two weeks into the season. With more o-line help next year, he will put up good numbers.
Quote:Many seem to be writing Yeldon off already, I'm not sure why. Our O line is below average, the guy is explosive I think next year he had a breakout year.
Its a lot of morons out ther, he's not a Fred or MJD type RB, but he gets the job done, if he gets better blocking he will be very good
He has done pretty well this season, actually he has done better than I really expected. Not that I was against him I just had zero faith in our OLine. Now if our Oline gets better he will also get far better.

Not to mention the whole not getting the ball as often as he should issue.

Bright future.

Quote:Its a lot of morons out ther, he's not a Fred or MJD type RB, but he gets the job done, if he gets better blocking he will be very good

Please give me a list of Freddie T's?  That is the good problem when you are blessed with a HOF running back.  Someone special isn't replaceable.  Same thing with starting with Tony Bosellie as the rock at Left Tackle.  Unique generational players are just that.

Yeldon being yeldon good works for me Big Grin
Pages: 1 2