Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Whereas a couple of weeks ago, Jaguars nation was beginning to kick around ideas and possibilities for a playoff run, now, the Jaguars faithful is looking at draft position.  Nevertheless, there is still, believe it or not, a mathematical possibility-miniscule though it may be- the team can win the division.  Such is life as a Jaguars fan in the AFC South.  The good news for three teams in the division is that it looks like QB will not be a question for the foreseeable future.

On to this weeks games:

Indianapolis (6-6)
at Jacksonville (4-8) 
The Colts are coming off a loss to Buffalo, while the Jaguars dropped another winnable game at Tennessee by, of all things, a botched snap from shotgun that lost 20 yards and a TD.  Colts 2nd team QB, 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck-got banged up against the Bills, and he reportedly indicated uncertainty about his status this week.  Meanwhile, things look a lot more certain for Blake Bortles, who is fresh off of a 5 TD performance, and has the luxury of throwing to a budding young superstar at WR in Allen Robinson, who caught three of those TDs in a 10-153 yard performance against the tacks.  However, the Jaguars defense is disappearing, and the #becauseJaguars rule still seems in effect.  Colts 23-Jaguars 20

Houston (6-6)
at New England (10-2)
-The suddenly vulnerable Patriots host the perpetually vulnerable Texans.  In a battle between two vulnerable teams, go with the team with Tom Brady at QB.  Patriots 27  Texans 17.

Tennessee (3-9)
at N.Y. Jets (7-5)
-The loathsome and detestable tacks notched a flukish win over the Jaguars last week, go up against the Jets, who are still very much in the playoff race.  They have a much better defense than the Jaguars and are at home.  Jets beat the tacks 24-16.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  24-17

Wouldn't it be awesome if we were in the NFC East this season? LOL

I started scoring myself last week, so overall I am 1-2.

I will make our game pick after we know for sure who the Colts quarterback is.

Elsewhere, I don't see a win coming up for the Titans or Texans.

1-2 last week

18-19 overall

This week I'm picking:

Colts over Jags

Patriots over Texans

Jets over Titans
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville This team is starting to get itself an 80's Chargers kind of feel where the Offense would tell the Defense "hurry up and let them score so we can get the ball back." Without a pass rush, the Defense is simply going to struggle and I don't see that part of the Defense improving without a talent upgrade. The Indianapolis Defense looks vulnerable though so maybe Jacksonville can pull this one out at home. That being said, with the injuries to Poz and the amount of tape on how to beat the Jaguars Defense that is piled up, I have to think Indy wins this one.

Houston @ New England I feel like this game isn't even going to be close. It's not about Brady and the Offense, but rather Belichik getting turned loose on the Houston Offense. If you think Sexy Rexy did a number on them, you ain't seen nothin' yet. New England gets of the schneid against Houston.

Tennessee @ New York Jets I just don't see the NYJ Defense folding up against the pass the way that Jax's did. Not to take away anything from Mariota because I think he had himself a fine game, but I feel like they might be a bit more effective in getting to him and moving him around. Maybe NYJ is just a fluke but I see them taking this one at home.

Last week: 1 - 2

Overall: 22 - 19

I feel it this week for some reason (certainly not logic).  I'll be the first to call it.

Jaguars

Patriots

Jets

Last week 2-1

Overall 22-19

Quote:I feel it this week for some reason (certainly not logic).  I'll be the first to call it.

Jaguars

Patriots

Jets

Last week 2-1

Overall 22-19

I 2nd this for the exact same reason. I just have a good feeling about this one. 
^I hope you guys are right! I have a good feeling about it too.

However, until the Jags actually DO beat the Colts for once, and after their performance against 3 of the worst teams in the NFL the past month (Ravens, Tacks, Chargers), I'm gonna go with the Jags' opponent.

3-0 Last week

25-16 Overall

This week's picks:

COLTS (prove me wrong Jags!)

PATRIOTS (could go either way IMO)

JETS (NYJ aren't that good IMO, but they'll beat the tacks)
3-0 last week.

24-17 overall.

Colts over Jags

Patriots over Texans

Jets over Titans

Quote: 

On to this weeks games:

Indianapolis (6-6)
at Jacksonville (4-8) 
The Colts are coming off a loss to Buffalo................

Huh?
Quote:^I hope you guys are right! I have a good feeling about it too.

However, until the Jags actually DO beat the Colts for once, and after their performance against 3 of the worst teams in the NFL the past month (Ravens, Tacks, Chargers), I'm gonna go with the Jags' opponent.

What? The word "until" means we are winless against the Colts. Look up the series record.

We beat the Ravens in Baltimore and the Titans at home. We were one bad snap away from beating the Titans again.

J
a
g
ua
rs

T
exans

Jets

16-21 overall. 

Jags

Pats

jets

Quote:What? The word "until" means we are winless against the Colts. Look up the series record.

We beat the Ravens in Baltimore and the Titans at home. We were one bad snap away from beating the Titans again.

That was a different time with different players, etc. This current Jags team has still continued to lose again the Colts for a while. The last time the Jags beat the Colts? I almost can't remember that far back.

And Baltimore, Tenn, San Diego are 3 of the absolute worst teams in the NFL this year.
I'm thinking. ....

Jaguars get an upset this week over colts.

Patriots rebound and destroy Texans

And Titans get 2 in a row and beat jets.

Our hopes will rise again as we'll be 1 game back in the division. Until hopes are crushed again in the future.

Ps.

Sorry I've been very busy lately. I'm planning on getting the standings done soon. Hopefully tomorrow.
Triple post
Double post
Astro, what I do when I accidentally double post is make up a new comment or question for the second one. I don't think anybody ever notices that.

Tennessee should have lost to us Sunday. I don't see how they can beat the playoff-sniffing Jets.

Jags

Pats

Jets

Quote:Astro, what I do when I accidentally double post is make up a new comment or question for the second one. I don't think anybody ever notices that.

Tennessee should have lost to us Sunday. I don't see how they can beat the playoff-sniffing Jets.

First. That's a good idea about double posts.

Second. I just have this funny feeling that the Jets are going to lay an egg. Nit that the titans are better, but that nyj is going to choke.
The Jets choked against Buffalo by having the wrong offensive strategy in the last minutes. All they have to do to lose is assume a team that punts all day will score a touchdown on the next drive.

Pages: 1 2 3