Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jon Stewart still fighting for first responders.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.today.com/popculture/jon-stew...ers-t60231

It shouldn't take shame or even a comedy news show to get congress to do what's right. Shameful.
Seriously no cares about this?
Yeah I saw it, good for him. It is a good cause. Doesn't make him any less of a butt-hole though.

Quote:Yeah I saw it, good for him. It is a good cause. Doesn't make him any less of a butt-hole though.

Guy stumps for a cause everyone should be in favor of for the last 5+ years. Gets called a butthole by the guy supporting trump. Makes sense.

It's not about him. It's about the cause.
Quote:Guy stumps for a cause everyone should be in favor of for the last 5+ years. Gets called a [BAD WORD REMOVED] by the guy supporting trump. Makes sense.

It's not about him. It's about the cause.

If it is about the cause then why did you only bring it up when Jon Stewart says something about it?
Quote:If it is about the cause then why did you only bring it up when Jon Stewart says something about it?

Because he's the ones that been talking about it. He's the ones that got the first 5 years pushed through due to his show and stature in the public eye. He's still fighting for it and came back on TV to talk about something no one else is. Look at the threads on here. It's either Muslims or guns as the majority. Not a one on the front page about this.
Quote:If it is about the cause then why did you only bring it up when Jon Stewart says something about it?
He's the only person in the public eye who's been consistently trying to do something about it?
Quote:He's the only person in the public eye who's been consistently trying to do something about it?

Pretty much from what I understand.
Quote:Yeah I saw it, good for him. It is a good cause. Doesn't make him any less of a butt-hole though.

Maybe if Stewart Trumps it up, you'll pay attention...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHHQ9WdFekc
Quote:Maybe if Stewart Trumps it up, you'll pay attention...
He's not peddling hate or fear and its not a divisive issue so a certain sect of the country doesn't care. The lack of coverage on this topic is very telling in regards to peoples motivations in political commentary.

Could you imagine how "outraged" the entire right would be if the democrats controlled congress right now and this issue was being treated the way it is right now? People would he screaming bloody murder about how the dems hate America and its soldiers and are weak and cowards and traitors and yuge looosuhs.

It's not guns or Muslims or baby body parts or whatever else we are so supposed to be freaking out about. It's not divisive so its largly ignored.
Funding for what essentially means health care for life for about 72,000 first responders and lower Manhattan residents is now a reality.

Jon Stewart worked the hallways of Congress the day of the vote, lobbying undecided congressmen during their breaks. It's no surprise the Trumpeteers hate Stewart, he's been exposing their hero for the lout he is for years.

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/12/19/responders-lawmakers-celebrate-zadroga-act/'>Funding for what essentially means health care for life for about 72,000 first responders and lower Manhattan residents is now a reality.</a>

Jon Stewart worked the hallways of Congress the day of the vote, lobbying undecided congressmen during their breaks. It's no surprise the Trumpeteers hate Stewart, he's been exposing their hero for the lout he is for years.

He's done a truly great thing for people that were forgotten about. It should have never taken a comedian to shame those knuckleheads into action but alas there was no fear or outrage to peddle to the masses so it got ignored.
Stewart if nothing else has always been genuine. Sure some of our politics don't line up but he's never come across to me as someone that pushes an idea or policy for his benefit at the cost of others. I have lots of respect for Stewart, also glad to see he was able to help get something done for the emergency personnel that have been devastated years after the fact. 
Quote:Stewart if nothing else has always been genuine. Sure some of our politics don't line up but he's never come across to me as someone that pushes an idea or policy for his benefit at the cost of others. I have lots of respect for Stewart, also glad to see he was able to help get something done for the emergency personnel that have been devastated years after the fact.

You might the first conservative I know that doesnt trash him on the spot because of political preferences.

That aside. It's a digrace but Im glad it appears to be resolved.