Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How good is Colvin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seeing as how the defense fell apart with him out.

He's a top 15 CB in the NFL right now. The only thing he is lacking is stats but good cornerbacks often go unnoticed when they aren't intercepting the ball 7 times a year. I rarely see opposing QB's target the WR colvin locks onto. 

One step away from pro bowl level. 

Top 10 CB with a pass rush

I'm not good at judging CB play so idk how good he is in comparison to the rest of the league. I guess I don't see him getting abused like Gratz out there but I'm not sure if that's a good indicator of Colvin's individual play.

House- B

Colvin- B-

Gratz- D+

Mccray- Incomplete
Quote:House- B

Colvin- B-

Gratz- D+

Mccray- Incomplete

Pure blasphemy. House better than Colvin? Lol. Ill give house a B and Colvin an A-. Gratz with a D- and Mccray a M. M as in MIA. 
He's been a mixed bag this year. He won the London game for us and has been a terror in blitz packages but he also got abused by Eric Decker in the Jets game.
Quote:He's a top 15 CB in the NFL right now. The only thing he is lacking is stats but good cornerbacks often go unnoticed when they aren't intercepting the ball 7 times a year. I rarely see opposing QBs target the WR Colvin locks onto. 

One step away from Pro Bowl level. 

No cornerbacks have 7 interceptions this year. Reggie Nelson leads the league with that many. I think that statistic covers all defensive players, not just safeties.

Aaron Colvin is the leader in sacks by a cornerback. I know that much, but not how many sacks he registered.

Sorry, but "top 15" does not make a player close to Pro Bowl level. He needs to be in the top 6 to get there.

why is colvin better than House?

Quote:He's been a mixed bag this year. He won the London game for us and has been a terror in blitz packages but he also got abused by Eric Decker in the Jets game.
If hes only had one bad game all year then i'm not sure that's a mixed bag.
Quote:why is colvin better than House?

He's not.
Quote:He's been a mixed bag this year. He won the London game for us and has been a terror in blitz packages but he also got abused by Eric Decker in the Jets game.

Won the game for us? That title belongs to Blake Bortles. Aaron Colvin did not throw the game-winning TD pass.

I never thought Colvin is a mixed bag. He has been good every other week.

Quote:If hes only had one bad game all year then i'm not sure that's a mixed bag.

He struggled in the chargers game too.
Quote:He's a top 15 CB in the NFL right now. The only thing he is lacking is stats but good cornerbacks often go unnoticed when they aren't intercepting the ball 7 times a year. I rarely see opposing QB's target the WR colvin locks onto.

One step away from pro bowl level.

I wouldn't agree with that at all.
Quote:Won the game for us? That title belongs to Blake Bortles. Aaron Colvin did not throw the game-winning TD pass.

Go look at the last play of the game.
He is much better covering the slot WR and blitzing the qb than he is playing on the outside
Quote:He struggled in the Chargers game too.

Everyone struggled in that game. How many times have I said we can't play well against Philip Rivers?

Quote:Go look at the last play of the game.

What happened?
I dont get all the Colvin Hype. I admit he's decent but definitely not a pro bowler. I've seen him get beat alot. Specifically the Jets game. House is having the better season.
I don't have all-22, so without it, it's very hard to really get a good judge on WRs and CBs.

With that said though, I believe House has outplayed Colvin this year.

Quote:I don't have all-22, so without it, it's very hard to really get a good judge on WRs and CBs.

With that said though, I believe House has outplayed Colvin this year.

Devon House has been good too, but got burned all day by DeAndre Hopkins. They will have to double team him next time because House definitely can't stop that guy alone.
Pages: 1 2 3