Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Two Fox News Guests Suspended for What They Said About Obama’s Terrorism Address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Warning, Graphic Language

Two Fox News Guests Suspended for What They Said About Obama’s Terrorism Address

Fox News contributors Lt. Col. Ralph Peters and actress Stacey Dash were suspended by Fox News on Monday for -[BLEEP]-comments-aimed-at-obama/]comments they made on-air in response to President Obama’s address to the nation on Sunday.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/12/488070-t...n=breaking

Boy. it didn't take you long, did it?

While you'll probably try and make this some sort of free speech drivel, they actually were disciplined for using profanity. You know, Fox adhering to some sort of standards.

Big deal.

How does one suspend an occasional guest contributor? Just by not calling for a few weeks while everyone forgets about what they said?

I'm assuming they got suspended for cursing because this point of view is not shocking from FOX news.

Put that aside, for someone to say that on air, I thought it was pretty darn funny.  Dems/Republicans in the office all had a pretty good laugh at what the guy called him.

Quote:Boy. it didn't take you long, did it?

While you'll probably try and make this some sort of free speech drivel, they actually were disciplined for using profanity. You know, Fox adhering to some sort of standards.

Big deal.

No, I just thought it was funny that someone finally had the balls to call Obama what he is........
I sympathize with the col. Its so maddrning i have a hard time containing myself too
Quote:I sympathize with the col. Its so maddrning i have a hard time containing myself too
This is you containing yourself?
Quote:This is you containing yourself?

It's funny, it's like you have no idea what it would really be like in this world if we actually asserted our dominance. Mostly we sit by and let stuff go because we believe in a live and let live philosophy for the most part. But at some point all that is going to end and it will end badly for those who have a misunderstanding of how the world really works.
Quote:No, I just thought it was funny that someone finally had the balls to call Obama what he is........

It takes real courage to do that on Fox News. Real guts. That's a real man, I tell ya.

Now, if that had been on MSNBC ...
Quote:It's funny, it's like you have no idea what it would really be like in this world if we actually asserted our dominance. Mostly we sit by and let stuff go because we believe in a live and let live philosophy for the most part. But at some point all that is going to end and it will end badly for those who have a misunderstanding of how the world really works.
The far right has all the dominance of a flea. The far left's dominance is greater, but still not "dominant". All things eventually drift towards the center. We swung far to the right under Bush, even though the man was pretty centrist overall, we've swung far to the left under Obama, and odds are we swing back towards center under Hillary Clinton (who is, in reality, about as far left as a right-hand turn) following this election. If "asserting your dominance" is caving in to Obamacare, making lots of noise but doing nothing about Obama's executive orders, making lots of noise but ultimately doing nothing about Benghazi, supporting a nutjob of a candidate whose only real chance of beating Hillary centers around her eating a live puppy on national television and, ultimately, bending down before the liberal alter and asking, "Please sir, may I have another?", then you and I have very different ideas of what "dominance" is.

Consider this: the right side of the aisle controls Congress, yet whatever Obama wants still happens with minimal fuss. If the right is so dominant, how could that be the case? Liberals own this country. That needs to change, but for right now (and probably until 2020, at least), that is what it is. Trump can't beat Hillary, nor do I think he really wants to. Rubio can't beat Hillary. Cruz can't beat Hillary. Carson is doing an outstanding job of beating himself. Things will swing back towards center, but the far right Evangelical vote is not center. It's being marginalized further and further by the day, but that voting block refuses to acknowledge it and soften up on their more extreme, borderline racist positions. As Millennial influence grows, the far right will all but die, and in 20 years, points of view that we consider "moderately liberal" today will be the new right.
Quote:The far right has all the dominance of a flea. The far left's dominance is greater, but still not "dominant". All things eventually drift towards the center. We swung far to the right under Bush, even though the man was pretty centrist overall, we've swung far to the left under Obama, and odds are we swing back towards center under Hillary Clinton (who is, in reality, about as far left as a right-hand turn) following this election. If "asserting your dominance" is caving in to Obamacare, making lots of noise but doing nothing about Obama's executive orders, making lots of noise but ultimately doing nothing about Benghazi, supporting a nutjob of a candidate whose only real chance of beating Hillary centers around her eating a live puppy on national television and, ultimately, bending down before the liberal alter and asking, "Please sir, may I have another?", then you and I have very different ideas of what "dominance" is.

Consider this: the right side of the aisle controls Congress, yet whatever Obama wants still happens with minimal fuss. If the right is so dominant, how could that be the case? Liberals own this country. That needs to change, but for right now (and probably until 2020, at least), that is what it is. Trump can't beat Hillary, nor do I think he really wants to. Rubio can't beat Hillary. Cruz can't beat Hillary. Carson is doing an outstanding job of beating himself. Things will swing back towards center, but the far right Evangelical vote is not center. It's being marginalized further and further by the day, but that voting block refuses to acknowledge it and soften up on their more extreme, borderline racist positions. As Millennial influence grows, the far right will all but die, and in 20 years, points of view that we consider "moderately liberal" today will be the new right.

You sure do seem to have confidence that this soft cushy world you were granted by your forefathers will last forever. It won't. Politics will not sustain this nation regardless of who controls what branch.
Pathetic. Completely in line with the rage and fear of the right but still pathetic.
Quote:It takes real courage to do that on Fox News. Real guts. That's a real man, I tell ya.

Now, if that had been on MSNBC ...

Criticism of Obama would be considered heresy at MSNBC.
Quote:Criticism of Obama would be considered heresy at MSNBC.

I figure lightening would strike immediately.
Quote:I figure lightening would strike immediately.
Or a suicide bombing by Paul Begala, whichever.
Quote:Or a suicide bombing by Paul Begala, whichever.

Then they'd roll into the apartments of the victims and show kids names and peoples photo IDs on live TV.