Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Can we get Yeldon to 1k?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Four games left, 3 bad defenses. He's sitting at 678 so he needs 322 more. That's 80.5 per game. He's talented enough, just not sure we can get the running game going enough to get him there.

I hope we do.
it'll be close

He'll probably fall short of 1k, but he'll definitely get there next season.

What's his total yards from scrimmage?
956 total yards from scrimmage

Quote:956 total yards from scrimmage

Had a feeling he was close to 1k there
His rookie season through 11 games is remarkably similar to Bell's.

Didn't he miss 1 game?
I doubt he can reach 1k of just rushing yards because we often play from behind (and run blocking is bad)and we quit the running game early.

Like against San Diego, he had 40 yards just on the first drive and then another 15+ run in the third drive but after the Blake interception we totally gave up to the running game, in fact he had only 9 carries that day.

He also missed one game and was taken out of the field for the most part of our Red Zone trips to let Gerhart or Robinson in, otherwise even with our bad run blocking he'd have quite easily reached and surpassed 1000 yards just rushing at the end of the season.

The kid is good with his hands too, so 1000+ yards combined he will get that easily of course Smile

Quote:we quit the running game early.

At halftime vs TEN, we ran the ball 15 times and passed 16 times.
Quote:At halftime vs TEN, we ran the ball 15 times and passed 16 times.

In fact the sentence in the post was about the San Diego game to give an exemple of when we quit the running game early because of Blake intereception that put us down 2 scores(in which he had 9 total carries) Smile

Without a spike, no.  He's averaging ~68 yards a game rushing currently, and needs 80 per to finish out.

He's going to need at least 1 big game to get there.

He should put up some numbers this week, but I doubt it now that I said that.
Unlikely.  Also, it doesn't matter.

More likely Hurns gets his 1k.  We pass far more than run.

I would love to see Yeldon continue to make an impact and get targets in the passing game.

Yeldon is 2nd in the team in yardage with 86.9.

Receiving and rushing.
Quote:Yeldon is 2nd in the team in yardage with 86.9.

Receiving and rushing.

But the question is only about 1K rushing yards.
Quote:But the question is only about 1K rushing yards.

Ouch, I stepped on another thorn.

Sorry...

Umm, yes it is mam. My answer is yes.
Hey MissJagsFanatic, pull up Google right quick and tell me if Yeldon missed a game.
I can never tell if JW is a troll or not

Yeldon has 678 rushing and 278 receiving yards.

That's 956 total. If he can put up 300 (75 a game) total yards from scrimmage in his last 4 games, he'll have an impressive 1250+ in his rookie year.

For reference mjd had 1370 yards with 15 TD's. Second year 1170 with 9 TDS. Also about 850 return yards and a td a year too.

The offensive line is very bad, with little improvement hell be putting up the numbers.
Pages: 1 2 3